brake rotor?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• brake rotor?

i know there is a post for this but i cannot find it.
    how do you get the hub assembly off the back piece... help would be be greatly appreciated!
    please and thank you!

:wav:
    Clink... Clank... BOOM!

Originally posted by melboo View Post
    i know there is a post for this but i cannot find it.
    How do you get the hub assembly off the back piece... Help would be be greatly appreciated!
    Please and thank you!
    bfh :d
    Beastiva - 89 L Auto

Comment

take the knuckle off the car and place in a well secured vice. get a 27mm impact socket, a 6-10" extention, and a mini sledge (use the extention to hold the socket, hold the extention with your hand). beat the hub off from the inside of the knuckle and DON'T loose the bearing spacer when to 2 pieces seperate.
      Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
      94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

i got it. are both bearings the same size?

Clink... Clank... BOOM!

Comment

Originally posted by MelBoo View Post
          i got it. are both bearings the same size?
          Front bearings, yes. Rear bearings, no.
          90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
          09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

I use a 3-prong puller to remove both the steering knuckle from the hub and the outer bearing from the hub. Put a socket upside down on the end of the hub and set the bolt of the puller in that.
            Original owner of silver grey carburetted 1989 Festiva. 105k km as of June 2006. 140k km as of June 2021.

Comment

i already beat the bearings out. well my boyfriend did. now he is just gonna replace the bearings and get it all pressed in. also he wanted to know if the tranny takes gear oil or something else. we found red auto trans fluid when we pulled the cv joint out.

Clink... Clank... BOOM!

Comment

It uses automatic transmission fluid. Yes, even in the manual trans.
                Jerry
                Team Lightning

Owner of Team Lightning
                90 L "Peewee" B6D. Bought new May 16,1990
                92 L Thunder BP G5M-R Turbo B6T electronics. Jan 2016 FOTM winner SOLD
                93 L Lightning. BP

Not a user of drugs or alcohol, Just addicted to Festiva's

Comment

interesting... never seen a manual that uses auto fluid.

Clink... Clank... BOOM!

Comment

Working...
                  X