b3 swap fuel issues...prime the pump?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• b3 swap fuel issues...prime the pump?

So frustratingly close...the b3 swap on my 89 carb is almost complete, but I've found one thing is standing in the way. There isn't any fuel getting to the carb. The car will start and run for about 5 - 10 seconds when I pour gas directly into the carb barrel, then it fizzles out. I disconnected the fuel line between the pump and carb and then started it and there was nothing coming out of the pump. I replaced the pump with the one I pulled off the old engine because I knew it worked when I took the old engine out, but still nothing. There is gas in the fuel filter and I can siphon fuel through the line right up to the pump, but still nothing on the other side. Is there a way to prime the fuel system. Vaccum leak maybe? My next step is to rig up a temporary tank that drips down into the carb so that the engine can run long enough to let the pump work a bit. any suggestions?

I am not sure on this, but couldn't you just remove the pump with the inlet hose still connected, and prime it manually by moving the arm up and down like the cam lobe does? When it starts to spit fuel out, put it back on.
    The normal is not always normal... MOST is not ALL... And any job can be hard if you don't have the right tools!!!

My Fleet:
    89 L 4spd (Daily Driver(if it isn't broke down)) "Spanky"

Comment

occams razor strikes again. Thanks, didn't think of that one. I'll give it a shot

Comment

Working...
      X