Coolant Leak... Into the cab?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coolant Leak... Into the cab?!

Hey there guys, Long time no post -- I've been busy.. and it appears the festy demands more attention so it decided to sprout a coolant leak into the cab..

Anyone have any tips on how to get this fixed?

I'll get some pictures up shortly.

my guess is one of the lines to your heater core inside the cab has gotten a hole or the heater core itself...
    Andrew Walker

Current Daily Driver:
    89 Nissan D21 SE V6 5 speed 4x4
    Projects in the works:
    84 Mercedes Benz 300D(T)(Baby) currently awaiting transmission transplant/ full on restoration

Comment

Went away for a week.. come back to this

Comment

Hmmmm, funny place for it to accumulate. Can you tell where it came from? How do your heater lines look?

Since it's summer, you could bypass the heater core entirely, and get a hose to go from the pass. side of the block to the bypass tube, over near the disty. Then at least there would be no more leaking, and you could drive it around before you permanently fix it.

I'd guess a leak in the core, since the heater lines are in front of the firewall.
        Last edited by TominMO; 07-21-2011, 12:51 PM.
        90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
        09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

you can see the stains right under the heater box. You have a bad heater core. Time to pull the dash, pull the heater box, open it up and replace the core. They run $40-$50 around here.
          Jim DeAngelis

kittens give Morbo gas!!

Bright Blue 93 GL (1.6 8v, 5spd) (Hula-Baloo)
          Performance Red 94 Aspire SE (Stimpson)

Comment

I too am in need of a heater core RR , does the dash need to be removed to do this??

Is pulling the dash a real PITA??

Comment

Originally posted by bassman View Post
              I too am in need of a heater core RR , does the dash need to be removed to do this??

Is pulling the dash a real PITA??
              Yes it needs to come out.
              Sucks if you have never done one, easy if you have.

Compared to dodge pickups and taurus's the festy is cake.
              Hotrod Forums Directory * D&D Discbrakes 61-67 Econoline Conversions
              1988 Festy - white 5spd 1.3 * 1992 Festy - red 5spd 1.3 * 1963 Econoline 5 window pu * 1993 Dodge W250 5.9 Cummings * 94 Mustang

Comment

Leather MX-3 seats?
                89 Festiva L Carby 4 Speed... RIP. Evicted and Scrapped. I HATE MY FAMILY
                94 aspire 3 door Red -- Former BP, V6 KLDE swap underway! RIP... Rotted and Flooded out...
                2012 Mazda 2 Touring 5 Speed... It's Very, Very, Very green... Daily Driver
                1964 Barracuda 360 V8 Push Button 904 Auto, New Money Pit

Facebook Me!

Comment

Originally posted by econoaddict View Post
                  Yes it needs to come out.
                  Sucks if you have never done one, easy if you have.

Compared to dodge pickups and taurus's the festy is cake.
                  well.... I pulled the dash . not so bad but it still has to go back toghether.....

the core does not look bad but the windows show otherwise and the hoses going to the core were fine so i will install a new one.

Comment

I know exactly how you feel opening the door to find a puddle in your car.

Not the best.
                    93 Ford Festiva WA (project car)
                    98 Ford Festiva WF (aspire)(parts car)
                    98 "Gloria" Toyota Corolla AE101 (daily driver)

Comment

I feel like I could do a total ropdown and restore a festiva by the way it looks inside my car right now, I was going to pull the core from my parts car but that would be a total dash pull again and then if it goes bad in a month another ripdown and reinstall , so I will buy new and get the new one tested to make sure !!

Comment

Yeah sometimes it just better to buy a new one.
                        93 Ford Festiva WA (project car)
                        98 Ford Festiva WF (aspire)(parts car)
                        98 "Gloria" Toyota Corolla AE101 (daily driver)

Comment

Working...
                        X