turn signals help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• turn signals help

Howdy here is the run down :1990 GL 5 speed. Right and left rear turn signals work fine. However in front only the lower right works. No power to upper right and no power to lower left. Strange thing is I'm getting around 2 volts to the left side upper. I used the hazard switch and the turn signal switch and got the same results. I am at a loss.

Should I start tearing all the wires out and check for shorts?

I assume by your use of the term upper turn signal lights, you mean the corner marker lights. They are markers only, not signal lights unless the wiring has been changed. Your front turn signals should only be the ones in the bumper. If the only one that is not actually working is the left side, I'd check the bulb.

Dumb thieves go to prison, smart ones go to work for the Government.

1988 L - 232K miles Batstiva
    1989 L - 247K miles Slick
    1990 L - 281K miles Orphan Annie
    Let the hoarding begin!! :mrgreen:

Comment

x2^ I was ready to ship my new stereo back when I found that I blew a fuse installing it, and it was the fact that the radio feeds off of two fuses, of which I only checked the good one. Its the simple things
      Owner of:
      1991 Red Festiva L, 5 speed (Swagger Wagon)
      In progress:
      BP+G25MR swap, Kia rio axles hopefully.

Comment

Tried 2 different bulbs on the lower .Only the right side lower works. What exactly are the upper markers supposed to do if they dont work as signals for turning?
        Last edited by jedyonkers; 07-22-2011, 08:19 PM.

Comment

They're the lights that go on when you turn the headlight switch halfway, it's so you're visible in low light when you dont need headlights
          Owner of:
          1991 Red Festiva L, 5 speed (Swagger Wagon)
          In progress:
          BP+G25MR swap, Kia rio axles hopefully.

Comment

Originally posted by kellen302 View Post
            They're the lights that go on when you turn the headlight switch halfway, it's so you're visible in low light when you dont need headlights
            Makes sense now. Well thats one problem down. Thanks a bunch:fish:

Comment

Check the wirein' & plug. They plug in behind the Headlights. Just put new ones in my Festy, easy to find. You may have to remove the Corner light to get a good look & have more room to work.
              If it don't fit, use a bigger hammer!

'93 Green L - ' Tiva

Comment

Originally posted by navdoc101 View Post
                Check the wirein' & plug. They plug in behind the Headlights. Just put new ones in my Festy, easy to find. You may have to remove the Corner light to get a good look & have more room to work.

Connectors were all shot. I cut them out and wired LEDs from walmart, I cut the back of the housing out so they would fit but all is working for now. I'll have to do the same for the markers later on today. I tried cleaning out the connectors with electric parts cleaner but the grime and corrosion was too much.
                After that its on to the radiator fan I will most likely just hard wire an after market one to the ignition or dash. Hasnt come close to over heating this past week in 100 degree weather.

Comment

Working...
                X