Rear wheel bearing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rear wheel bearing

started to do my rear wheel bearing due to the fact it has been making noises, just wondering if the rears are press out or what? i got the ineer part of the outer out but i cant get the outer piece or the whole inner bearing.. any help is greatly appreciated
    :cry_smile: RIP. 91 Ford festiva BP swap

1990 Mazda Miata BP swap, 99 trans, 3.9 Torsen rear end, Mazdaspeed6 k04 turbo on 15 psi.

Should be able to "chisel" off the two bearing races (one for the inner bearing and one for the outer, smaller bearing) with a large screwdriver. To install new races, use an appropriate-sized socket to drive them in.

If you can't/don't need to do that, just degrease and repack the existing bearings. Should get you some more miles, and maybe that's all it needs anyway.
    90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
    09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

ok awesome thanks
      :cry_smile: RIP. 91 Ford festiva BP swap

1990 Mazda Miata BP swap, 99 trans, 3.9 Torsen rear end, Mazdaspeed6 k04 turbo on 15 psi.

Comment

The grease seal holds the inner bearing (the part with the rollers) in the brake drum. If you knock the grease seal out, the bearing should fall out. The bearing "races" are a drive or press in/out fit.
        You gonna race that thing?
        http://www.sdfcomputers.com/Festivaracing.htm

Comment

If you are replacing the bearings I'd recommend the nicer Timken bearings. Spend the extra couple bucks it will be worth it.
          -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
          Nancy- 1.8L BP, aspire swap, g-trans
          The Adventures of Nancy! Build Thread
          -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My Musica! Click me!

Comment

Working...
          X