crush nut?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• crush nut?

Anyone have any ideas. Need my car like now and my crush nut for my rear spindle is stripped. Any other ceihcles I can get one for? Autozone and advanced don't have them.
    :cry_smile: RIP. 91 Ford festiva BP swap

1990 Mazda Miata BP swap, 99 trans, 3.9 Torsen rear end, Mazdaspeed6 k04 turbo on 15 psi.

I'm sure if any other vehicles would have worked, the computer would cross reference them to the same part - they're out.
    -Zack
    Blue '93 GL Auto: White 13" 5 Point Wheels, Full LED Conversion, and an 8" Sub

Comment

Try NAPA. I've gotten them there. IIRC one is black and one is kind of a light gold color dependimg whether it is right or left hand thread.
      You gonna race that thing?
      http://www.sdfcomputers.com/Festivaracing.htm

Comment

i was able to get them here in florida at autozone they were listed as a mazda part

Comment

Find another Advanced or AZ.
          I and other members have bought the crush nuts at these places.
          Typically, they will only have the left or right one, not both.
          And sometimes they don't actually know which one they have.
          '93 Blue 5spd 230K(down for clutch and overall maintanence)
          '93 White B6 swap thanks to Skeeters Keeper
          '92 Aqua parts Car
          '93 Turquoise 5spd 137K
          '90 White LX Thanks to FB71

"Your God of repentance will not save you.
          Your holy ghost will not save you.
          Your God plutonium will not save you.
          In fact...
          ...You will not be saved!"

Prince of Darkness -1987

Comment

Originally posted by Pu241 View Post
            Find another Advanced or AZ.
            I and other members have bought the crush nuts at these places.
            Typically, they will only have the left or right one, not both.
            And sometimes they don't actually know which one they have.
            Yep, and sometimes they send you home with the one for the left side, after repeatedly being told it was the right side that was needed. Been there, done that. :banghead:

Dumb thieves go to prison, smart ones go to work for the Government.

1988 L - 232K miles Batstiva
            1989 L - 247K miles Slick
            1990 L - 281K miles Orphan Annie
            Let the hoarding begin!! :mrgreen:

Comment

Car Quest had both sides. Pretty sure the reversed thread one is brass (goldish colored) its a softer metal then the spindle threads, so you strip the nut instead of the spindle if you turn it the wrong way. (Learned that the hard way!) And the standard threaded one is black and a harder metal. Also, be sure to read my previous threads about the torque on these. Hope this helps.

P.S. Hope you and Nolan have a blast tinkering with your festys together!
              Last edited by crunde85; 07-23-2011, 10:50 PM.
              1989 Ford Festiva
              Mileage: 152,000

Comment

If and when you buy them see if they have extras and pick them up as well just for the future. I had a heck of a time finding both sides as well. I finally managed to talk to the right guy who found me two sets. They should only be a couple bucks a piece, I had a few places saying it would be like $15 a piece which is incorrect :p

But like everyone said. There are two different nuts (normal thread and reversed) They never know which one it is so yeah ha. Good luck!
                -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                Nancy- 1.8L BP, aspire swap, g-trans
                The Adventures of Nancy! Build Thread
                -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My Musica! Click me!

Comment

Thanks to all. i managed to temporary salvage mine until monday when napa is open..
                  :cry_smile: RIP. 91 Ford festiva BP swap

1990 Mazda Miata BP swap, 99 trans, 3.9 Torsen rear end, Mazdaspeed6 k04 turbo on 15 psi.

Comment

After ordering from FMS (my one and only dealing with them for reasons I won't get into here), i've since bought both at NAPA for a couple bucks each. As others have said here, NAPA don't know what they have. Best to bring a pair of spindles with you to "test drive."
                    88L black, dailydriver
                    88LX silver a/c, dailydriver
                    4 88/89 disassembled
                    91L green
                    91GL aqua pwrsteer
                    92GL red a/c reardmg
                    3 93L blue, 2 dailydriver, 1 frontdmg
                    1952 Cessna170B floatplane

Comment

Working...
                    X