Auto BP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Auto BP

My BP is from an auto EGT. I have the 5spd throttle body, ECU, harness..etc. Heres the problem.

BP left, B3 right. The Festiva one won't fit. The bolt holes line up, but the center diameter is too small.

The BP's oil pan is too big for the B3 block plate.

Has anyone else done the Auto BP to 5speed Festiva?
    BP, Aspire brakes, stock trans.

You cant do that.You must run all EGT flywheel, clutch,press plate,pilot bearing,dust sheild etc. Even if you could bolt on that flywheel. It would destroy your main bearings from vibration cuz its balanced to a B3 verse's a B8.
    Some people like to read fiction,I prefer to read repair manuals. Weird I know-
    Henry Ford: "Failure is the opportunity to begin again more intelligently"
    Fuseable Link Distribution Block repair link

Comment

Originally posted by nitrofarm View Post
      You cant do that.You must run all EGT flywheel, clutch,press plate,pilot bearing,dust sheild etc. Even if you could bolt on that flywheel. It would destroy your main bearings from vibration cuz its balanced to a B3 verse's a B8.
      I thought I used the Festiva flywheel? I planned on keeping the stock transmission.

Comment

Sorry but yes you can do that . You are correct just remove the torque converter sleeve that is stuck in the crank , you can see in the picture . Then you are good to go ..
        New build on the way .

Comment

Thats how the block plate fits it is correct like that .. Dont forget to trim the oilpan so your axle will fit . by the looks of that flywheel it should be turned unless thats just the camera illusion .
          New build on the way .

Comment

^^ Shadetree is correct on all counts. Yes, you can do that. I ran a BP with a festy trans (and flywheel and pressure plate) for over 50000 miles worth of pizza delivery. Just don't do any hard launched and the trans should last (but definitely have the flywheel machined, it looks a little rough!)
            No festiva for me ATM...

Comment

Originally posted by htchbck View Post
              ^^ Shadetree is correct on all counts. Yes, you can do that. I ran a BP with a festy trans (and flywheel and pressure plate) for over 50000 miles worth of pizza delivery. Just don't do any hard launched and the trans should last (but definitely have the flywheel machined, it looks a little rough!)
              Yeah, I'm going to be babying this thing regarding launches. Both of you are right that the flywheel is in pretty sad condition. I'm going to have that turned when I get a new performance clutch. Money is tight, so unfortunately it will have to wait. Thanks for the help, and I have just one more question. How do I get that torque converter sleeve out?

Comment

Nevermind...I was just putting the BP block plate on, and the sleeve fell right out. :p

Comment

Holy crap sorry for the wrong info- I never thought they were interchangable,I'll go back to the Dunce corner now drool
                  Last edited by nitrofarm; 08-02-2011, 03:43 PM.
                  Some people like to read fiction,I prefer to read repair manuals. Weird I know-
                  Henry Ford: "Failure is the opportunity to begin again more intelligently"
                  Fuseable Link Distribution Block repair link

Comment

Working...
                  X