shifter bushings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• shifter bushings

how in the bloody chunks do i replace shifter bushings? do i need a press or somthing, press em out then press new ones in?
    -90 festiva - bp swap "relentless" (thanks matt) aspire swap, pacesetter, underdrive pulley
    -90 festiva - surf blue (undetermined destiny) wanna keep but wifey says noooooooo

Mine just popped out...if they are stuck stick a screw driver in there and pop them out

Im assuming you took the bolt out and disconnected the linkage from the tranny bud?
    -M3NTAL MARK! Woo!!

Comment

Do a search....lots of info available, including Mazda parts #s courtesy of skimsucka.
      90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
      09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

Originally posted by M3NTAL View Post
        Mine just popped out...if they are stuck stick a screw driver in there and pop them out

Im assuming you took the bolt out and disconnected the linkage from the tranny bud?
        yes sir the linkage is completely out i guess i just got to use a screw driver. i didnt try to hard to get it because i didnt want to damage it so i thought id ask first.
        -90 festiva - bp swap "relentless" (thanks matt) aspire swap, pacesetter, underdrive pulley
        -90 festiva - surf blue (undetermined destiny) wanna keep but wifey says noooooooo

Comment

sorry i think i mite be asking the wrong question i need to replace the shift linkage bushings on my bp car maybe thats different.

Comment

Originally posted by bobbyspider View Post
            sorry i think i mite be asking the wrong question i need to replace the shift linkage bushings on my bp car maybe thats different.
            If it's the Festy trans, it's the same. If you have another trans, order the bushings for that trans. As far as how to do it, the principles are the same, and it's simple. To me this is one of those just-go-for-it repairs; instructions not needed. So order the parts and go for it.
            90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
            09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

Working...
            X