Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• have code but radio locked

Okay, I know this may sound dim but...

My radio stopped working and requested that I put a 'code' in. I have the code but I wasn't home when I noticed this and just tapped in any old number 3 times and now I have a 'err' message.

Any ideas how to reset it so I can put the actual code in?

Car: Festiva 2000 WF Trio

pull the radio and send it to a repair shop so the security feature can be reset. There's no way to reset it yourself. Its locked permanently, until the security memory can be reflashed.
    Jim DeAngelis

kittens give Morbo gas!!

Bright Blue 93 GL (1.6 8v, 5spd) (Hula-Baloo)
    Performance Red 94 Aspire SE (Stimpson)

Comment

I have now purchased a really cheap radio and wired it in. Thanks for all the help forum users.

Comment

I had that problem with a Saturn radio in a used car someone I know bought.
        I went on ebay and for around $10 someone sent me some numbers that got it going again.

Comment

When that happened to me with honda radios all I had to do was unplug the radio or battery to reset it and resume entering the code
          "Lane, I've been going to this high school for seven and a half years. I'm no dummy."

Gone but never forgotten, "Hulkstiva"...http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ht=progression

Comment

I am having real problems now I have a locked radio. I purchased another radio, but my car is so old there was no harness to be found so I wired another one in and now that one whines when I turn on my lights!!! if only I can somehow reset my old radio, I could rewire that one back in and away I go... but the Ford dealer just said remove the connections to my car battery and that will reset it back to the 'code' place - this didn't work. I have the right code, I just need it to unlock so I can type it in.

Any ideas, I am really losing sleep now.
            Last edited by eurocrazy; 08-14-2011, 05:00 AM.

Comment

My p.o.s radio accepts the code for 5mins then goes back to err.. and also need to retype code after switching the car off. i dont think it will last long once its re-registered. :thumbleft:

Comment

how did you get it off the 'err' message to begin with?

Comment

Originally posted by Brayy View Post
                  My p.o.s radio accepts the code for 5mins then goes back to err.. and also need to retype code after switching the car off. i dont think it will last long once its re-registered. :thumbleft:
                  how did you get it off 'err' message to begin with?

Comment

There are others also........
                    Last edited by denguy; 08-14-2011, 07:57 AM.

Comment

Is the code in your owner's manual, or on some other documentation that came with the car?

Or, check the radio itself. There may be a sticker somewhere on it that gives the code.

I had this happen on a 2001 Acura Integra I had. When the car was originally sold, the stock AM/FM/cassette radio was replaced with a radio that had CD instead of cassette, but the code for the CD radio was never included in the car's literature. I had the code for the original radio. I went to the dealer and they were able to give me the proper code by looking up the radio's model number in a radio code reference book.
                      90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
                      09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

It is not the code that is the problem, I have that.

I know that stupidity was in play on the night I tapped the wrong code in, but I was driving and nowhere near my home and I thought that 0000 or 1234 or 6666 may have been right and had no idea that unlocking the radio once it was locked would be such a drama. Anyhow, I called another ford dealer and they told me to leave the car on ACC and the radio on so it shows 'err' for 45+ minutes and that should reset/unlock it so I can type the actual code in.

This has solved the locked problem. My radio no longer shows 'err' but 'code'. I have tapped in the right code and my radio works.
                        Last edited by eurocrazy; 08-14-2011, 08:04 PM. Reason: updated

Comment

Sorry, misread your issue. Ignore all my advice in the future....glad you have it fixed now.
                          90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
                          09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

Originally posted by eurocrazy View Post
                            how did you get it off 'err' message to begin with?
                            Im guessing the original battery was replaced.. but its been like that since i bought it. Radio doesnt work in my town anyway due to the large amounts of electromagnetic radiation of the wires in the town added to the fact its a small down in a hole. :laughing6:

Comment

Originally posted by TominMO View Post
                              Sorry, misread your issue. Ignore all my advice in the future....glad you have it fixed now.
                              haha, no worries TominMO. I was pretty happy to solve the problem since the new radio I purchased and wired in was never giong to work .

I think it was an earthing problem as it whined when my lights were on with the engine running but no other time
                              Last edited by eurocrazy; 08-22-2011, 04:13 AM. Reason: spelling error

Comment

Working...
                              X