No announcement yet.

Sucks a battery down.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think the fuel pump might be pulling that extra bit out.

Take it back to the back porch, join the 3 string revolution.

Comment

The fuel pump is not running unless the engine is running except for a few seconds when you first turn to ign.

Comment

Check the voltage in my FI car, '92 auto. It is unregistered and sits alot. With the ign off one of the alt plug terminals read 12 volts and the other read 0. With ign on one read 11 or so and the other read 10 and a half. Something is energized w/ ign on, a relay or something, one pulling slightly more than the other.

Comment

Resolved.

I discovered that the camshaft cover was rubbing the water pump puppy and preventing it from spinning and making the belt slip silently. I noticed after putting a new belt on that there was a smell of burning rubber and shredded it before I could find a place to pull over. The new belt rode higher up on the pulley and caught the cam cover and pulled it into the rotation.

Take it back to the back porch, join the 3 string revolution.

Comment

I've been running without my front cover for 9,000 miles, no problem whatsoever. I've had my share of belt slippage. I just tighten the belt some more.
            Last edited by BigElCat; 08-16-2011, 08:59 PM.
            '88 Festiva L, stock carby engine (with exhaust upgrade), 4 speed tranny. Aspire Struts and Springs, Capri 14" wheels, interior gutted, battery in back

'92 Geo Metro XFi

'87 Suzuki Samurai

'85 F150, modded 300cid

Comment

i may be dealing with that soon. i finally got a timing cover gasket set and once installed it now bulges more than before. i can see it rubbing the belt ever so slightly but makes no noise. I definitly have my eye on it though.

Comment

I never use the top cover so I can inspect the TB weekly or so. Just don't drop anything down there.

Comment

Must be a manufacturers defect with the covers, mine is bulging out in the middle causing it to rub on the uppermost pulley. I just noticed it last week, didn't have the funds for a new belt, so I took off the drivebelt and used the alternator belt as a drivebelt. Haven't had a/c the last week or so but I hardly use it anyway. I picked up the new belt today but I think I'm gonna take the timing belt cover off and cut out the section around where it rubs so it don't wear this new belt out.
                  2008 Kia Rio- new beater
                  1987 F-150- revived and CLEAN!!!
                  1987 Suzuki Dual Sport- fun beater bike
                  1993 Festiva- Fiona, DD
                  1997 Aspire- Peaspire, Refurb'd, sold
                  1997 Aspire- Babyspire, DD
                  1994 Aspire - Project Kiazord
                  1994 Aspire- Crustyspire, RIP

"If it moves, grease it, if it don't, paint it, and if it ain't broke don't fix it!"

Comment

Working...
                  X