Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New LCA's showed up. One looks wrong :(

this one looks perfect to my untrained eyes

This one looks odd. I understand that the silver "pivit" is suppose to move as part of the ball joint and maybe they just boxed it in a different position

I just want to make sure this is right before install on the car

Looks good to me man . Like you said that joint is supposed to move ,just tap it on the table and it will match the other . It should be hard to move and not flopping around .
    New build on the way .

Comment

yeah, they are EXTREMELY STIFF. Im still kicking myself in the butt for not ordering serviceable ones though >.< needed a cheap quick fix for inspection.

Comment

you can't get serviceable ones (at least none that i've found), though you can install zerk fittings to the bases and MAKE them serviceable.
        Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
        94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

What's odd about it? Yep, they're supposed to move like that. Have to for steering, bumps in the road, etc. I found they install easiest when the wheel is pointing straight ahead. Carefull when putting it on not to stretch and tear the rubber.
          Original owner of silver grey carburetted 1989 Festiva. 105k km as of June 2006. 140k km as of June 2021.

Comment

Originally posted by WmWatt View Post
            What's odd about it? Yep, they're supposed to move like that. Have to for steering, bumps in the road, etc. I found they install easiest when the wheel is pointing straight ahead. Carefull when putting it on not to stretch and tear the rubber.
            that goes for more then 1 type of install...:p
            "FLTG4LIFE" @FINALLEVEL , "PBH"
            89L Silver EFI auto
            91GL Green Auto DD
            There ain't no rest for the wicked
            until we close our eyes for good.
            I will sleep when I die!
            I'm a little hunk of tin, nobody knows what shape I'm in. I've got four wheels and a running board, I'm not a Chevy, I'M A FORD!

Comment

Originally posted by GenevaDirt View Post
              that goes for more then 1 type of install...:p
              LOL you're going to get me in trouble at the office! Awesome, just awesome. I love the rules here... because when you spice up the linguistic requirements and remove swearing, the humour is much higher grade! Bravo, sir!
              1988 Chevy Sprint Turbo 997cc

Comment

Originally posted by Aaronbrook37 View Post
                LOL you're going to get me in trouble at the office! Awesome, just awesome. I love the rules here... because when you spice up the linguistic requirements and remove swearing, the humour is much higher grade! Bravo, sir!
                lol...we try to please around here and sometimes I do my part....
                "FLTG4LIFE" @FINALLEVEL , "PBH"
                89L Silver EFI auto
                91GL Green Auto DD
                There ain't no rest for the wicked
                until we close our eyes for good.
                I will sleep when I die!
                I'm a little hunk of tin, nobody knows what shape I'm in. I've got four wheels and a running board, I'm not a Chevy, I'M A FORD!

Comment

lol good one willie. I didnt find serviceable ones either arty but my father in law asked me why i didnt get serviceable ones so i assumed they were available.

Comment

Originally posted by FestYboy View Post
                    you can install zerk fittings to the bases and MAKE them serviceable.
                    I thought about trying this. Did you do it? Has anyone done it? I could not figure how deep to drill it. And then the tap would have to be a pipe thread tap. I don't suppose knicking the bottom of the ball would really hurt it.

Any thoughts?
                    '88 Festiva L, stock carby engine (with exhaust upgrade), 4 speed tranny. Aspire Struts and Springs, Capri 14" wheels, interior gutted, battery in back

'92 Geo Metro XFi

'87 Suzuki Samurai

'85 F150, modded 300cid

Comment

Originally posted by Aaronbrook37 View Post
                      That or if you add a British accent.

-Scott
                      Aqua 93 L
                      Razor Red 09 F-150 XLT
                      White 06 Ford Escape XLT

Comment

Originally posted by 89newb View Post
                        yeah, they are EXTREMELY STIFF. Im still kicking myself in the butt for not ordering serviceable ones though >.< needed a cheap quick fix for inspection.
                        They should be stiff.
                        89L build thread http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=36422

1996 subaru impreza AWD 5 speed, EJ18

Post your festiva pics and vids here: www.movingviolationz.com
                        My site: 20tessa.sytes.net

Comment

Several of the ball joints/tie rods I've installed in my career have just been a smooth hole, I had to cut the threads with the zirk fitting its self. It cuts them just fine.
                          Im not driving a Festiva because I'm poor. I drive a Festiva because i want to!

Dennis
                          93 L Advancedynamics suspension mod, awaiting B6 swap
                          91 GL B6 sohc, currently in the hands of DAE undergoing top secret work. Soon to be cable G, with stage 3 F1 Kevlar clutch... To be continued
                          93 GL In progress BP/hydro G
                          15 Mitsubishi Mirage daily
                          88 Dakota tow pig

Comment

Working...
                          X