Reliable Festiva Repair Cleveland, Ohio

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reliable Festiva Repair Cleveland, Ohio

I am looking for a reliable, experienced, competent auto repair facility for a 1989 Ford Festiva that is having a problem running, it starts and after running a while shuts off. I have replaced the typical things, fuel filter, fuel pump, coil, plugs, wires, electronic ignition brain and have taken it to 3 different mechanics, each time they think they have conqoured the problem, they call back and say it turned off, so please come pick up my vehicle. Please help. I live in the Cleveland Ohio area and am looking for some assistance here. Thanks for your help fellow Festiva owners! The vehicle has a carburator. Diello, Cleveland, Ohio

update your profile in case the information in this post gets lost to readers.... there are plenty of people in Ohio.... hope we can get someone from the Ohio Crew to motor your way and get this Festy back on the road....
    Andrew Walker

Current Daily Driver:
    89 Nissan D21 SE V6 5 speed 4x4
    Projects in the works:
    84 Mercedes Benz 300D(T)(Baby) currently awaiting transmission transplant/ full on restoration

Comment

Festiva Repairman

Thanks, if you know of anyone you can direct me to, please post their contact information.

Comment

PM me a number so we can talk ...I do not live to far away from Cleveland also the owner of the site lives close also.
        "FLTG4LIFE" @FINALLEVEL , "PBH"
        89L Silver EFI auto
        91GL Green Auto DD
        There ain't no rest for the wicked
        until we close our eyes for good.
        I will sleep when I die!
        I'm a little hunk of tin, nobody knows what shape I'm in. I've got four wheels and a running board, I'm not a Chevy, I'M A FORD!

Comment

Ok...so the car is carbed and you have changed lots of items but it still stalls. You told me that it will start right back up as soon as it dies but if you touch the gas it dies.....is that right?

I posted this info so we can get some input....I am not very versed on the carbed cars. But there are plenty here that are....we will get you going.
          "FLTG4LIFE" @FINALLEVEL , "PBH"
          89L Silver EFI auto
          91GL Green Auto DD
          There ain't no rest for the wicked
          until we close our eyes for good.
          I will sleep when I die!
          I'm a little hunk of tin, nobody knows what shape I'm in. I've got four wheels and a running board, I'm not a Chevy, I'M A FORD!

Comment

How long does it run before it turns off? Seconds or minute or at operating temp or....? Does it start right up after or does it not start back up?

Give more info and I'm sure someone here will be able to help you.

BP Festiva http://www.cardomain.com/ride/723319 - SOLD
            BPT Festiva www.cardomain.com/ride/2260009 - SOLD
            BPT GTX www.cardomain.com/ride/2436495 - SOLD
            New GTX - http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3294846/ - SOLD

Comment

It almost sounds like the throttle control screw is maladjusted. Changing the ECU on a carby car isn't going to do much... Fuel pump is cam driven so that wouldn't be the issue. If it's not that, I'm leaning towards vacuum lines. Car heats up, car shuts off. Clean air system. Kartracer46 would be the man to ask, for sure!
              In love with a MadScientist!:thumbright:
              There's a fine line between breathtaking ingenuity and "That's the stupidest thing I've ever seen!"

Comment

How long is "a while"? How does it die? What does the engine temperature gauge show? Will it start right up again? If not, is there spark or fuel or both? If not, how long before it will? Do you own a volt meter or a vacuum gauge?
                Original owner of silver grey carburetted 1989 Festiva. 105k km as of June 2006. 140k km as of June 2021.

Comment

Working...
                X