Engine malfunction indicator light

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Engine malfunction indicator light

Ok after researching this light in the Forums.It appears that its directly linked to the o2 sensor. My sons new "used" motor that we gave a little seafoam to the fuel. Is getting this light back and forth. The Ford book refers me to the "Powertarin Control/Emissions Diagnosis Manual". I dont have this,so any input on this light would be welcome. I'm not to concerened about it.But I always welcome the oppurtunity to get edumacated. Thanks,Thomas
    Some people like to read fiction,I prefer to read repair manuals. Weird I know-
    Henry Ford: "Failure is the opportunity to begin again more intelligently"
    Fuseable Link Distribution Block repair link

You didn't say what year or even if it's a Festiva but for my '89 I grounded the single wire by the m/c w/ ign on and counted the blinks. Thankfully it fixed itself because it wasn't very clear what the prob was.

Comment

Are you still running on the Seafoam fuel mixture or is it doing it after all that has been ran out and a fresh fillup?
      If a hammer doesn't fix it you have an electrical problem

WWZD
      Zulu Ministries

Comment

Originally posted by georgeb View Post
        You didn't say what year or even if it's a Festiva but for my '89 I grounded the single wire by the m/c w/ ign on and counted the blinks. Thankfully it fixed itself because it wasn't very clear what the prob was.
        Sorry its a 94 Aspire

Originally posted by Zanzer View Post
        Are you still running on the Seafoam fuel mixture or is it doing it after all that has been ran out and a fresh fillup?
        The Seafoam is still in the fuel-

Comment

Are the aspires single wire or are the heated? 3/4wire
          Im not driving a Festiva because I'm poor. I drive a Festiva because i want to!

Dennis
          93 L Advancedynamics suspension mod, awaiting B6 swap
          91 GL B6 sohc, currently in the hands of DAE undergoing top secret work. Soon to be cable G, with stage 3 F1 Kevlar clutch... To be continued
          93 GL In progress BP/hydro G
          15 Mitsubishi Mirage daily
          88 Dakota tow pig

Comment

Single, even on the OBD2 ones.
            91 L 5sp "The Silver Bullet" B6, Brake/Susp Swapped Build Thread
            92 L 5sp "Red" RIP
            95 Grand Prix SE DD
            Wife's Stuff:
            89 L 5sp "Carby Car"
            97 Aspire auto "Pink Panther"
            Build Thread

Spring 2013 IndyStiva:
            http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...eet-April-20th

Comment

Hmm. If it were heated it could be that circuit is faulty, but with a single that's harder to check. I would recommend swapping with a known good one, or just buy a new one for $20 at autozone.
              Im not driving a Festiva because I'm poor. I drive a Festiva because i want to!

Dennis
              93 L Advancedynamics suspension mod, awaiting B6 swap
              91 GL B6 sohc, currently in the hands of DAE undergoing top secret work. Soon to be cable G, with stage 3 F1 Kevlar clutch... To be continued
              93 GL In progress BP/hydro G
              15 Mitsubishi Mirage daily
              88 Dakota tow pig

Comment

I'd finish off the tank of fuel and see if it goes away after a fresh fillup. After that start looking at the O2 sensor. If the sensor has high mileage it's a good possibility that it's at the end of it's lifespan (especially with it not being heated). Luckily they are cheap to replace, just be sure to replace it with a Denso unit.
                If a hammer doesn't fix it you have an electrical problem

WWZD
                Zulu Ministries

Comment

Thanks for the good feed back Fella's. Thomas

Comment

Working...
                  X