Airbag code 13 1995 aspire

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Airbag code 13 1995 aspire

Hello everyone. It's been about a year since i sold my festiva, and now i have picked up a 1995 aspire now that i am done with the stuff i needed the truck for. Was a steal at $600 with no rust, 5 speed with air conditioning. When I was driving it home the airbag light started flashing 1 on then a pause then 3 on, which means code 13. from what i have found on the internet that means "13 Air Bag Circuit or Crash Sensor Circuit - Shorted to Ground " I was wondering if anyone could give me a hint on where to start looking for this? I want to get driving this thing but I would like the airbags working when i do. Thanks

I believe there's a discussion on this over at fordaspire.com. I think it's internal to the airbag computer no real fix to it. Unless you need it to pass inspection either pull the light bulb or it'll cost $$$ to fix it.
    91 rusty Festiva 260k

Comment

Yeah all i really got from that is to take out the bulb, hoping to avoid that

Comment

Mine did the same thing I went thru the entire pinpoint test and the problem is internal to the RCM. I unplugged it and pulled the bulb from the cluster.
        Tim
        '97 Aspire ST, UltraViolet Blue, 37k miles - New Storage Queen
        '03 SVT Lightning, Dark Shadow Gray, 30k miles - Storage Queen 11 months/year
        '95 SVT Aspire B3T, Green Mica, 75k miles - DD
        '01 ZX-500R, Violet Pearl/Gray, 5400 miles - Storage Queen
        '89 Suzuki FA50 Bright Red - Lake Transportation

Cardomain.com/id/aspiresvt

Previous Vehicles
        '92 Festiva L "Sport" Green Mica
        '92 Festiva GL Blue Pearl
        '92 Capri XR2 Performance Red

Comment

Working...
        X