Starting my 1.6l dohc swap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Starting my 1.6l dohc swap

Finally the weather broke here its only around 100 degrees for a high....YEA!!!! Anyway, Im going to start rebuilding my 1.6L dohc out of a 92? capri to put in my festy, my question is, is there anything I need to know or do to the motor during my build, Ive rebuilt mostly chevy small blocks and an not familiar with these motors, I want to do it all now while its taken apart so I can just drop it in and wire it up. Do I need to get a radiator out of the capri? Tranny? What do I expect for the wiring? Any special parts to use other than OEM replacement? I want to find out everything before I get started, and I know Im asking alot and before someone says it no I dont want you guys to do it for me...unless your doing it for free

Oh... my festy is a 93gl with an auto transmission.

Festy auto rad is fine, and the tranny will work too. Is the Capri CPU for a manual or auto?
    90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
    09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

The cpu is for an auto and so is the motor and I got the wiring from under the hood of the auto capri as well I dont know what else I will need off of the capri so thats another question I have is what else do I need off the capri? Motor mounts?

Comment

Working...
      X