blinker wont work

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• blinker wont work

Ok so after I got everything back together in my car besides the drivers side headlight and corner light, i tried the blinkers, and the drivers side won't work. The bulb is good, and I tried 2 different blinker assemblies. Passenger side works just fine. I'm so stumped!
    -Josh R

You may have to go a little further and get into the steering column so you can put a test light on each of the wires connected to your turn signal control. If you turn your four way flashers on, try putting test light to the turn signal socket and see if you are getting any power that way. Also, you have the little blinker unit under the dash, see which wire is for turn signal that works, and then test other wire to see if you get any power when you turn that signal on.
    Thom-Lifes too short, don't blink
    93 Festiva (Little Red Truck)
    01 F-150 (Big Red Truck)

Comment

See I just dont understand cause it worked just fine before I had to fix the car, only the front end was messed up, and the blinker worked before I tore apart the car, all I did was unplug it, plugged it back in, and now it dont work. ugh. haha
      -Josh R

Comment

Plug in the headlight and corner light and then try it.
        Hotrod Forums Directory * D&D Discbrakes 61-67 Econoline Conversions
        1988 Festy - white 5spd 1.3 * 1992 Festy - red 5spd 1.3 * 1963 Econoline 5 window pu * 1993 Dodge W250 5.9 Cummings * 94 Mustang

Comment

You tried 2 different blinker assemblies? Sockets?

If you have a volt meter, check to see if its even getting any juice.
          Ofcourse always check the fuses, but if the other one works I doubt that's an issue.

They both (left & right side) run off the same electronic flasher, so if one side works, I would assume the issue lies in the wiring after that.

Does the rear driver side light work? The headlights should be on a totally different circuit but it won't hurt to plug it in and see what happens.
          Last edited by zoom zoom; 08-26-2011, 10:30 PM.
          2008 Kia Rio- new beater
          1987 F-150- revived and CLEAN!!!
          1987 Suzuki Dual Sport- fun beater bike
          1993 Festiva- Fiona, DD
          1997 Aspire- Peaspire, Refurb'd, sold
          1997 Aspire- Babyspire, DD
          1994 Aspire - Project Kiazord
          1994 Aspire- Crustyspire, RIP

"If it moves, grease it, if it don't, paint it, and if it ain't broke don't fix it!"

Comment

Well, I kinda feel dumb on this one haha. I took a power tester and plugged in the blinker assembly, stuck the power tester in there, and the light flashed, so I knew there was power to that, then I tested the bulb, again, and the bulb worked fine, so I was confused as heck. Tried cleaning everything real good, then all of a sudden I monkeyed with the wiring a little bit, and noticed if I squeezed the connections together, it then would work. lol, just clicking in that once wasnt far enuff to make power i guess. So I squeezed the connection together, wrapped it along with black tape to hold it, screwed it in, worked just fine. I then put together the rest of the car besides the grill and the winshield washer fluid tank. Thats tomorrow's job lol.

But hey guy's thanks for trying to help me!
            -Josh R

Comment

Working...
            X