BP alt belt.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BP alt belt.

I got the next size shorter belt, 17350 for the alt clearance. How does it fit on? Seems like its too short.

Sent from my EVO3D using tapatalk.
    BP, Aspire brakes, stock trans.

Anyone? I can't get this belt on, and need my car. =/

Comment

Only thing I can think of is maybe take the top alt bolt (on the swinging bracket) all the way out. On some motors, and I can't remember offhand if the BP is one of them, this can give you an extra inch of so of travel for the alt to swing closer to the engine. Once the belt is over the pulley, hopefully there is enough clearance to swing it back out enough to get the bolt back through the groove in the bracket. I don't remember ever running a shorter belt on any BP setups I've done though.
      No festiva for me ATM...

Comment

Originally posted by htchbck View Post
        Only thing I can think of is maybe take the top alt bolt (on the swinging bracket) all the way out. On some motors, and I can't remember offhand if the BP is one of them, this can give you an extra inch of so of travel for the alt to swing closer to the engine. Once the belt is over the pulley, hopefully there is enough clearance to swing it back out enough to get the bolt back through the groove in the bracket. I don't remember ever running a shorter belt on any BP setups I've done though.
        Hmm, the guide said to use one size shorter belt so the alternator pulley doesn't hit the frame. If that's not necessary, I guess I'll just exchange it for the correct size. The alt pulley is pretty close to the frame though. I'll try that trick with taking the bolt all the way out. Thanks.

Comment

I put the regular size belt on. I wasn't having any luck with the short one. Working fine, but it scrapes when I turn left lol.

Sent from my EVO3D using tapatalk.

Comment

^ No NASCAR for you then... lol
            Owner of:
            1991 Red Festiva L, 5 speed (Swagger Wagon)
            In progress:
            BP+G25MR swap, Kia rio axles hopefully.

Comment

Working...
            X