Weird Electrical Issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weird Electrical Issue

So I have a strange issue that has been going on for several months.
    Basically if the car is off with key out I can still turn on my Windshield wipers, Heater, and my rad fan used to stay on until I put in a toggle (which I needed anyway).

Anyone have any ideas?
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Nancy- 1.8L BP, aspire swap, g-trans
    The Adventures of Nancy! Build Thread
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My Musica! Click me!

Bad ignition switch? Leaving the accessory circuit on.
    -Zack
    Blue '93 GL Auto: White 13" 5 Point Wheels, Full LED Conversion, and an 8" Sub

Comment

I concur with crazyrog17. Only way that could happen.
      1990 White L-Plus 5-speed rust-machine
      Scrapped

1991 Blue L 5-speed
      daily driver, intermittent project

1993 rustless wonder
      A shell, awaiting suspension, brakes, and B6T

Comment

Ahh that makes sense. Thanks guys, I'll check it out.

My Musica! Click me!

Comment

Originally posted by crazyrog17 View Post
          Bad ignition switch? Leaving the accessory circuit on.
          Originally posted by Basement_Modder View Post
          I concur with crazyrog17. Only way that could happen.
          X3

You should buy a multimeter, not that expensive and the best for diagnosing electrical issues.
          93 Ford Festiva WA (project car)
          98 Ford Festiva WF (aspire)(parts car)
          98 "Gloria" Toyota Corolla AE101 (daily driver)

Comment

Originally posted by NicholasJackson View Post
            X3

You should buy a multimeter, not that expensive and the best for diagnosing electrical issues.
            Yeah I have one.... But it's at home and I'm at school for quite a while. I just want to make sure everything is squared away for FMV!

My Musica! Click me!

Comment

Squirt some WD-40 into the ignition key hole and work it around with the key. I've cured an ignition problem that way. If it does no good it'll do no harm.
              Original owner of silver grey carburetted 1989 Festiva. 105k km as of June 2006. 140k km as of June 2021.

Comment

Originally posted by WmWatt View Post
                Squirt some WD-40 into the ignition key hole and work it around with the key. I've cured an ignition problem that way. If it does no good it'll do no harm.
                Cool I'll give that a shot first. It hasn't really been an issue as long as I don't leave something on :p Hopefully the wd-40 will do the trick.

My Musica! Click me!

Comment

Working...
                X