brake light issue help needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• brake light issue help needed

i have a 93' festiva and my passenger brake light does not come on when i hit the brakes when the car is running however when the car is off and i press the brake both lights come on but the passenger light only has one filament going, where as both filaments should be lit...the bulb is good so its obviously the wiring. so what am i looking for, where is it located and how do i get to it?

anyone?

Comment

Look for corrosion in the bulb socket or the connector linking the tail light wiring into the harness.
      Both located behind the small gray plastic access panel in the hatch, passenger side in this case.

Also I have extra punctuation (. , ' ; if you need some!
      They make reading your posts much easier.
      '93 Blue 5spd 230K(down for clutch and overall maintanence)
      '93 White B6 swap thanks to Skeeters Keeper
      '92 Aqua parts Car
      '93 Turquoise 5spd 137K
      '90 White LX Thanks to FB71

"Your God of repentance will not save you.
      Your holy ghost will not save you.
      Your God plutonium will not save you.
      In fact...
      ...You will not be saved!"

Prince of Darkness -1987

Comment

everything looks good but i just found also that the entire driver side hazards dont work...could be connected?

Comment

even on the instrament panel the left blinker light doesnt light up for hazards

Comment

could be a ground problem. also, make sure your fusable link in the driver side strut tower are in good condition. Loose or poor connections can do strange things.

My main fusable link gave me trouble the other day. I stopped for gas, and when I took off, the tach was bouncing all over the place, I drove about a minute, and turned the engine off, and it would not start, there was no power. I wiggled the fuseable link wire, and it worked again. Also make sure the battery terminals are clean and tight.

Fusable link threads:

Post your Festiva or Aspire repair and maintenance issues. - USE THIS FORUM FOR ANY TECHNICAL RELATED POST (IE. How do I change my oil?, How to remove axle from tranny?, etc)

Post your Festiva or Aspire repair and maintenance issues. - USE THIS FORUM FOR ANY TECHNICAL RELATED POST (IE. How do I change my oil?, How to remove axle from tranny?, etc)
            I suck at the internet

Comment

Originally posted by Clay View Post
              Fusable link threads:

http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...=fuseable+link
              I replaced my fusable link with FLF Series Cartridge "fuses" from AutoZone.

They are actually fusable link.
              I suck at the internet

Comment

i had the same problem. every pin crimped in my left side tail light plug had insulation crimped where there should only be wire. i took each pin out of the plug and soldered it. i was amazed it worked for so long being a factory defect.
                I know its a piece of crap but im still faster...and its 100% legal!!!!!

Comment

thanks everyone! i figured it out...so here is what it was: after looking over and over i switched the lamp harnesses around, found that it was the harness and then checked the wires on the socket...turns out the ground was detached from the socket. didnt look messed up until i took apart the socket. so there ya go hopefully this helps someone else out too and thanks again...def. gonna fix the fusable link now while im at it.

Comment

Working...
                  X