Camber bolts - where?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Camber bolts - where?

I know a couple people listed some sites somewhere but can't find them. Where's a good place to buy a camber kit? Ebay has some listed but not sure on quality. I'll have to buy 2 sets since the Escape needs them to and uses the same size, maybe three with the Aspire.

I haven't drove the Festiva much for a while but I've parked the Aspire due to cv axle issues and front end issues also. Can't believe how terrible the Festiva rides.. the wife has been driving it so never know what she's did. Has new control arms and bushings apparently the only thing they didn't replace was the tie rods ends. Going to pick up 2 sets of rio struts not sure what I'm going to do for the rear but I have aspire springs. All three are getting a alignment to cheaper than new cars I guess. Spent to much time on other maintenance.. yeah they all run great but they don't ride good what good is that?!
    91 rusty Festiva 260k

Just go to NAPA. They sell them.
    Im not driving a Festiva because I'm poor. I drive a Festiva because i want to!

Dennis
    93 L Advancedynamics suspension mod, awaiting B6 swap
    91 GL B6 sohc, currently in the hands of DAE undergoing top secret work. Soon to be cable G, with stage 3 F1 Kevlar clutch... To be continued
    93 GL In progress BP/hydro G
    15 Mitsubishi Mirage daily
    88 Dakota tow pig

Comment

you will want the camber bolts with the RIO struts.

Which bolt do you put them in? top or bottom?
      89 Festiva L Carby 4 Speed... RIP. Evicted and Scrapped. I HATE MY FAMILY
      94 aspire 3 door Red -- Former BP, V6 KLDE swap underway! RIP... Rotted and Flooded out...
      2012 Mazda 2 Touring 5 Speed... It's Very, Very, Very green... Daily Driver
      1964 Barracuda 360 V8 Push Button 904 Auto, New Money Pit

Facebook Me!

Comment

Hi Eric.

Monroe Aspire struts are the best choice for the rear, using Aspire rear springs. The Monroe's offer the best tire clearance. This combination gives a firm ride, and seriously reduces body roll, even with a stock front suspension.

Moog offers camber kits and camber bolts. I've seen both on Ebay. I've never used any though.
        '88 Festiva L, stock carby engine (with exhaust upgrade), 4 speed tranny. Aspire Struts and Springs, Capri 14" wheels, interior gutted, battery in back

'92 Geo Metro XFi

'87 Suzuki Samurai

'85 F150, modded 300cid

Comment

Originally posted by gauge_half_inch View Post
          Just go to NAPA. They sell them.
          They do have them but for $19 a bolt.. I think. Hard to tell if that's per bolt or for two?

Originally posted by Nerd Racing View Post
          you will want the camber bolts with the RIO struts.

Which bolt do you put them in? top or bottom?
          Everything I've read it's the top. I will be cutting the springs. Last night I got to thinking I could test my 4dr Aspire struts and use those instead. So I'd only have to buy one set.. don't think I will though just more hassle.

Originally posted by BigElCat View Post
          Hi Eric.

Monroe Aspire struts are the best choice for the rear, using Aspire rear springs. The Monroe's offer the best tire clearance. This combination gives a firm ride, and seriously reduces body roll, even with a stock front suspension.

Moog offers camber kits and camber bolts. I've seen both on Ebay. I've never used any though.
          That's what I've read. Monroe have more stock like feel. I will use Aspire struts since I run 13's. Thinking about just biting the bullet and upgrading to Aspire hubs. Those metro wheels are driving me bonkers.

Moog does have camber bolts.. looks like $19 a piece. I've always like their parts seem to be good quality. Just not sure if I want to spend the big $$ right now. Looking to buy another house in the spring but our cars need to be safe.
          91 rusty Festiva 260k

Comment

Working...
          X