Fuel pump relay test.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fuel pump relay test.

The haynes manual is a slight bit unclear. On an 89 auto with EFI, when you back probe the fuel pump relay under the dash for batt + power, is the the green and red or black and red wire?

Contact me for information about Festiva Madness!
    Remember, FestYboy is inflatable , and Scitzz means crazy, YO!
    "Like I'm going to suggest we do the job right." ~Fecomatter May 28 2016.

ok the thick wires are battery power (to pump and from battery) and the small black wire is signal ground the thin green wire is signal power. not sure of the 5th wire as that relay should only be a 4 wire type.
    Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
    94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

I think it is the lates that are 4 wire. I am pretty sure the thick black wire with the red stripe SHOULD have batt +, and there is none there.

Comment

The green wire with red stripe, closest to camera on right, has batt + with key on though

Comment

right, as it should. the small green gets 12v from ign switch, the large green should have 12 all the time. the small black is your ground side switch from the VAF. the othe rlarge wire is the feed to the fuel pump.
          Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
          94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

OK, relay good. Thanks man!

Comment

Wait...

Comment

I did this on my 89 today just to see if the relay was working and the pump was pumping. Turn the ignition on, pull the air tube off and push the flapper open on the vaf. If you hear the pump click then the relay is working. If you dont then the relay could be bad.
                89L build thread http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=36422

1996 subaru impreza AWD 5 speed, EJ18

Post your festiva pics and vids here: www.movingviolationz.com
                My site: 20tessa.sytes.net

Comment

Funky short in the wiring going to it! Cut, splice, now I am getting fuel all the way to the injectors! Woot!

OF course, they are as clogged as the fuel pump was from sitting for who knows how many years. Took em out and am soaking them right now. If one of the parts stores have o-rings and an intake manifold gasket in stock, I might have this baby running before bed time....

Comment

So of course no one has them in stock. Really? Four fuel resistant O rings?

Sigh. Looks like Thursday to find out if she will fire

Comment

Working...
                    X