Ghost in the machine?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ghost in the machine?

I'm having a weird issue with my gas pedal. I let off the gas and sometimes after a second it will accelerate again by itself. What's up with that? I thought it was due too a loose throttle cable but nope, not that. Any ideas? '89 L carbed.
    Tired of...waiting...must...build ...Festy...!

You would have much better luck asking that question in the Repair Help section
    Paul
    91GL
    Menomonee Falls, WI

Comment

gas pedal

my 93 festiva automatic does it about 2 times a year. cleaned the outside of throttle body but it comes back. i took floor mat out and it still does it. it revs so high that i think it may throw a rod and i almost ran over someone. it only does it when moving the shifter in and out of park and i have no clue after all of this time.

Comment

mine does that too ('89L also) , it feels like the pedal gets stuck and revs to about 4000 RPM, Tim said it was probably to do with the carb warming up and needing more power on cool days, but i think its just the pedal getting stuck; if it revs to like 4000 rpm it stops when i just tap the gas a little.... maybe this is a design flaw in the carbed festys....
        -Taylor

'89 L with a/c. thanks Tim

Comment

stuck gas pedal

mine gets stuck but mine is a injected car not a carbed model

Comment

On my 97 Aspire the intake was leaking air at the BPA hose, it was cracked, then the idle screw was way off causing the ISC to be unable to slow it down.
            On the carb models check the choke breaker and choke pull-off diaphrams.
            97 Ford Aspire 2dr 5 sp
            92 Isuzu Impulse 1.8 5 sp 140HP, handling by Lotus, balls by Isuzu.
            95 Mitsubishi Expo 2.4
            http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...64/xsext2a.jpg

Comment

Working...
            X