Cleaning inside plastic instrument housing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cleaning inside plastic instrument housing

Howdy - Is it poss. to clean the inside plastic surface of the instrument cluster? I removed the outside bezel. Looks like the clear plastic just clips around the outside edges of the cluster. Remove the cluster itself?

Yes the plastic does unlatch to remove that plastic. I don't know if you can just remove the outside bezel and remove it or not. But you can definitely remove it if you take the cluster out.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Nancy- 1.8L BP, aspire swap, g-trans
    The Adventures of Nancy! Build Thread
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My Musica! Click me!

Comment

I did this just last week. Go under the hood and push the speedometers cable towards the cab to release slack. The inside of car pull the panel just enough to disconnect the speedometer cable, fuel gauge and temp gauge. Then it will remove. The plastic tabs push in to remove from panel. Reverse to reinstall it. And pull speedometer cable back under the hood.

sent from my EVO hacked with Vaelpak GB AOSP with Tiamat 3.3.7 Kernel
      First time owner
      89 L carb'd - white / still needs work
      Bought for mpg and only paid $250

Comment

I'll give it a shot. Sounds a little anal, but I HATE the spots on the inside of that panel (really shows up at night). How did they get there? Thanks!

Comment

Its really not that bad of a job. Just be careful not to move the gauges out of place or they might be off. Example, the the gas might so full when its half, etc.

sent from my EVO hacked with Vaelpak GB AOSP with Tiamat 3.3.7 Kernel
          First time owner
          89 L carb'd - white / still needs work
          Bought for mpg and only paid $250

Comment

Working...
          X