Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• heater doestn blow air, and horn doesnt work

so 2 issues,

1st the heater doesnt blow any air, thought it was just a fuse but all fuses look good, any ideas?

2. also the horn doesnt work, when i hit the horn all i hear is a click. again any ideas?

thanks for any help in advance

As for the heater, might be the resistors, the switch, or the motor itself. Check first at the connector that goes to the motor, then trace back from there.

On the horn, if you can hear the relay clicking but no horn, its probably the horn itself that is dead. Some have a horn on both sides, some just have it on the passenger side. Its behind the bumper cover, but from underneath you can see it (just hard to get to). It can be replaced by pretty much any generic horn that uses one wire and is grounded through the bolt that holds it to the body. I put a pair of horns from a Chevy Astro van in my wife's red car. Work and sound great!
    No festiva for me ATM...

Comment

thanks for the blower motor where is that located?

Comment

Its under the center of that dash... if you look from the drivers side and follow forward from the shifter, its almost all the way to the firewall... can't remember how hard it is to get the motor out (its been a while since I've done one) but it shouldn't be too hard to gt to the plug and take that loose and test it with a test light or voltmeter to see if power is getting to the motor at all.
        No festiva for me ATM...

Comment

If it runs on full speed only it is the resistor. Probably not your problem.

Comment

Depends on the rest of the wiring... I can't remember which years, but some route all of the wiring through the resistor plug, some don't.
            No festiva for me ATM...

Comment

I'm also having a problem with what i figure is the heat blower motor or resistor. It stopped working reliably, and has come on only maybe 2x, since the alternator was sending too much charge to the battery and the car almost exploded last year. The cd player blew up in a poof of hiss and smoke, and maybe some of that smoke was the blower motor behind the dashboard. But how do i get at it to check? Does anyone have a diagram they could forward, a diagram of the wiring and how to access the blower and resistor? Fuses are ok.

I'm at scdngy@gmail.com.

Comment

Working...
              X