reattaching eng wires

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• reattaching eng wires

There are 4 wires on the rear of my recently installed '93 eng. 1 fat wire goes to alt, 1 harness goes to alt, and 1 single wire goes to some coolant sensor. I still have a harness with maybe 2 wires that goes behind the intake somewhere. Can't see it from underneath or from top with mirror. Manual no help.

One trick I've found when working with cars is that if you're dealing with thick wires, pull them out of the way, then let them go and they'll naturally fall near their position because they've been in it for years. If thinner than that, find all the bend points and bend them to the position with least resistance and follow the path that way.
    1990 White L-Plus 5-speed rust-machine
    Scrapped

1991 Blue L 5-speed
    daily driver, intermittent project

1993 rustless wonder
    A shell, awaiting suspension, brakes, and B6T

Comment

can you get a picture of the connectors? that will help a lot.
      89 Festiva L Carby 4 Speed... RIP. Evicted and Scrapped. I HATE MY FAMILY
      94 aspire 3 door Red -- Former BP, V6 KLDE swap underway! RIP... Rotted and Flooded out...
      2012 Mazda 2 Touring 5 Speed... It's Very, Very, Very green... Daily Driver
      1964 Barracuda 360 V8 Push Button 904 Auto, New Money Pit

Facebook Me!

Comment

It's probably the one for the transmission. I broke mine off while trying to hurry in the dark. What does the plug look like?

I made a thread about 6 weeks ago addressing this same issue.
        1993 GL 5 speed

It's a MazdaFordnKia thing, and you will understand!

Comment

It's somewhere near the sensor in the back of the block. I think I got the 2 trans plugs. I'll try to get a pic. Once I hook this up all the underneath stuff is done.

Comment

they could be for the bottom of the intake mani for the intake air temp or there is another one on the back of the block right in the center that has a plug that slides over a little post

Comment

It's called the ECT sensor. Engine coolant temp. According to an unclear pic in my manual, it's between the #1 and 2 injector. I'll mess with it tomorrow.

Comment

It's not the ECT sensor. It's on top and already has wires on it. Can't find any other elec devices on rear of block in manual. It's in the same harness with alt wires and oil light sending unit.

Comment

Tomorrow I'll run my '92 up on ramps and see where that plug goes.

Comment

Finally stopped raining so I put '92 on ramps to trace behind-the-block harness. It doesn't have the pigtail that my '93 does! My '92 is an automatic but don't think that's an issue. Does the idle air control have an electric hookup? What else is back there besides the alt and oil light sender?

Comment

The Idle air control does have a hookup and that's what it was. My '92 hookup must be in another harness.

Comment

the oil ress switch is back there. 1 flat blade plug.
                        -Greg
                        Euro-bprt...WORLDS FASTEST FESTIVA !!! 11.78@115.9
                        BP, G trans, Megasquirt/ 550cc inj. t3/t3 (tbird) Garrett, REAR TURBO!!!! AND AC!!!!
                        Redneck Engineer
                        FOTY - '09
                        5x Festiva Madness Attendee...FM 3,4,5,6,8
                        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LpCZ7...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ
                        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vU_eX...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ

Comment

Originally posted by eurotiva View Post
                          the oil ress switch is back there. 1 flat blade plug.
                          Got that one. I think I got all the wires hooked up. Just need to paint some rusty brackets, put in rad, fluids, trans seals, 1 CV boot, weld down pipe and I'll have 3 running Festivas.

Comment

Working...
                          X