camshaft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• camshaft

How hard is it to replace the cam on a fuel injected 92? Head have to come off? Anyone running the performance cam from festvamotor sport?
    69 Shelby GT-350, 351W, 4 spd
    97 Jag xk8 vert
    06 Mini Cooper S GP
    93 Stiva
    04 Volvo S80

i think i can get the valve cover off the b3 engine in under 10 minutes (that's from the time of opening the hood) and then taking the cam out cant be to hard either. I think you can swap the cams out in a mater of an hour.
    Ian Carr
    88' flat black festy, has an e-brake that works!
    99' S70 T5M- faster DD
    86' 951- almost ready for track season

My old b6t- wish i still had it
    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2241793

Every car I have owned has had a turbo in it, until I bought this latest festiva.. I plan to fix that though.

Comment

It depends on how long it'll take you to remove the upper timing cover, valve cover, distributor, and rocker arms. It's a piece of cake. Just make sure to torque down those rocker arms and don't lose the damned springs.

If you can't get the cam in/out, that does mean that you'll have to loosen the head bolts. Now, I'm not sure if just loosening those bolts will warrant a new gasket. Might want to look into that.
      GT

Comment

Thanks, any one got a FI cam laying around? The bolt for the timing gear is sheared on this one.
        69 Shelby GT-350, 351W, 4 spd
        97 Jag xk8 vert
        06 Mini Cooper S GP
        93 Stiva
        04 Volvo S80

Comment

I've got one.

The Festiva Store
          Specializing in restoration, tuning and custom parts.

Comment

Working...
          X