No announcement yet.

Fix one thing, another pops up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In the meantime you should by oil by the barrel.

Comment

Originally posted by georgeb View Post
      In the meantime you should by oil by the barrel.
      ^ Thats good one!
      I am buying the 5 quart jugs of it, though! :eeeeeek: lol About one of those in about 2 weeks. At least its not as bad as my 1990 F-150 was when the rear main seal and oil pan gasket were out. That was about 3 - 5 quart jugs in about 2 weeks. :eeeeeek: :eeeeeek:
      (Its fixed now) ...$1100 bucks.
      That included new hydraulic clutch and throw out, re-surface flywheel, oil pan gasket and new front and rear mains, at a repair shop.
      Last edited by drddan; 10-05-2011, 08:35 PM.
      Dan

Red 1988 Festiva L - CUJO

Black 1992 Festiva GL Sport - BLACK MAGIC

I'm just...a little slow... sometimes:withstupid:

R.I.P.
      Blue 1972 Chevelle SS-468 C.I.D. B'nM TH400-4:56 posi-Black racing stripes-Black vinyl top-Black int.
      Black on black 1976 Camaro LT-350 4 bolt main .060 over
      Silver 1988 Festiva L

My Music!
      http://www.reverbnation.com/main/sea...t_songs/266647

Comment

Well I got rid of the "rig" I had temp worked up of pieces of old festiva vacuum hose and aquarium tubing to route the valve cover inlet back into the air cleaner, and have a new b/a rig on it now.
        I used 2 PVC elbows for a GM (dorman part #47054 in the help! section). and a length of fuel line to make a very nice factory looking VC inlet to air cleaner hose.
        I reversed the PVC el to fit on the VC and reversed also, on the air cleaner tube coming out the bottom of the air cleaner, both about 1/2 inch in diameter. Cleaned and sandpaper scuffed the el's and fuel line, wiped with cleaner and rubber cemented the fuel line into the el's. The end that the fuel line is glued into, is actually the end that would fit into the valve cover hole on whatever GM it fit. I cut down the flanges with a diagonal cutter.

Heres some pics: (I know how you all like pics!)

Notice the black hose from valve cover to air cleaner

[IMG]http://i892.photobucket.com/albums/ac126/drddan/Oilblowfix003.jpg
        [/IMG]

....and down inside here...

....you can see my " Carburator Lubrication System" :thumbright: (the little black rubber vacuum elbow I stuck in the top of the air cleaner tube hole, in an attempt to stop oil from getting all over the inside of the air cleaner.
        Its pointed right at the top of the carb to try and get any oil/vapors to go directly into the carb.

It is actually working great so far. I am quite happy with it and how it turned out. 40 miles each way to work, and no oil on my valve cover finally, no drips on the ground, and the el inside the air cleaner seems to be doing its thing too. Barely any oil at all in the air cleaner housing. (last pic)
        Now, i'll be watching the oil consumption. Report later.
        Last edited by drddan; 10-05-2011, 09:46 PM.
        Dan

R.I.P.
        Blue 1972 Chevelle SS-468 C.I.D. B'nM TH400-4:56 posi-Black racing stripes-Black vinyl top-Black int.
        Silver 1988 Festiva L

My Music!

Comment

What about the poor people behind you?

Comment

Funny thread. Don't have much to add, just my festy smokes just as bad

Comment

Well, if they cut me off, I get in front of them and rev the bejesus out of it. :p

Otherwise, its not too bad. Fast take offs, (and reving the bejesus out of it) is when it smokes bad.
              Last edited by drddan; 10-06-2011, 04:07 PM.
              Dan

R.I.P.
              Silver 1988 Festiva L

My Music!

Comment

Smart fix.
                90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
                09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

How would he know about their financial situation?
                  90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
                  09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

Originally posted by TominMO View Post
                    How would he know about their financial situation?
                    Oh.....ho, ho, ho! That is good...and bad at the same time.
                    Dan

R.I.P.
                    Silver 1988 Festiva L

My Music!

Comment

They make turbo's for carb's? I thought that was just for EFI?
                      It's Not Much To Look At, But It's Still Funny To See The Look On Their Faces When They Catch Back Up To You At The Next Light!

Comment

sorry just threw that in there. hehehe now what do i need to do to fix the same problem. if the rings are fried is there not a good chance that i will have to bore and upsize the pistons? please help me cause i cant replace the oil fast enough and the engine is less than 2 yrs old. bought it from fms.
                        It's Not Much To Look At, But It's Still Funny To See The Look On Their Faces When They Catch Back Up To You At The Next Light!

Comment

Working...
                        X