Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Automatic Seat belts out (and I did search)...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Automatic Seat belts out (and I did search)...

I'm selling Thing 2 to a guy either tonight or tomorrow.

Seat belts stopped working all of a sudden a couple weeks ago, both at the same time. Checked the Room fuse and it was blown, changed it and they went back with key in ignition, open doors and they stay back, but fuse isn't blown.

I'm figuring it's the module, thought I had a spare, but don't. Anything else I need to look for? Thinking of swapping boxes with Thing 1 and if that fixes it, dealing with it until I can get a spare.
    1963 Fairlane - future NSS drag car
    1965 Mustang Coupe - A-code car, restoring for/with my son
    1973 F100 longbed - only 22k original miles, 360/auto, disk, PS/PB dealer in dash A/C
    1996 Sonoma X-cab - son's DD
    2002 Grand Prix - daughter's DD
    2003 Sport Trac - 180k, 130k on replaced motor with new timing chains - F/S soon.
    2005 Accord - wife's DD
    2008 Mountaineer - step daughter's DD
    2015 F150 SCrew - DD

I think the room fuse controls the brain box under the seats.

It switches relays with signals from switches in the tracks and the door latch. That box also gets power from the 'BELTS' fuse on the panel. Although... I didn't think it had anything to do with the room fuse. I'm pretty sure the 'BELTS' fuse is something like 30A.
    Last edited by crazyrog17; 10-07-2011, 10:29 AM.
    -Zack
    Blue '93 GL Auto: White 13" 5 Point Wheels, Full LED Conversion, and an 8" Sub

Comment

IIRC, the belts fuse was fine, the room fuse was the blown one.
      1963 Fairlane - future NSS drag car
      1965 Mustang Coupe - A-code car, restoring for/with my son
      1973 F100 longbed - only 22k original miles, 360/auto, disk, PS/PB dealer in dash A/C
      1996 Sonoma X-cab - son's DD
      2002 Grand Prix - daughter's DD
      2003 Sport Trac - 180k, 130k on replaced motor with new timing chains - F/S soon.
      2005 Accord - wife's DD
      2008 Mountaineer - step daughter's DD
      2015 F150 SCrew - DD

Comment

Working...
      X