The engine got hot.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The engine got hot.

Well as the title says the engine in the 93L with 126k started to get hot so it was shut off and yes there are bubbles in the over flow tank, i did a compression test and this is what i have, 130,140,140,175 i figure the head gasket is getting week, any thoughts or comments.
    An idea can turn to dust or magic, depending on the talent that rubs against it.

recheck the compression.....weird numbers....usually you have 1 low and the rest higher ...from what I have seen. See how it runs and watch the level of water and watch for signs of water in the oil and oil in the water.
    "FLTG4LIFE" @FINALLEVEL , "PBH"
    89L Silver EFI auto
    91GL Green Auto DD
    There ain't no rest for the wicked
    until we close our eyes for good.
    I will sleep when I die!
    I'm a little hunk of tin, nobody knows what shape I'm in. I've got four wheels and a running board, I'm not a Chevy, I'M A FORD!

Comment

test your pressure cap!
      Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
      94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

Check also for a clogged radiator/heater core. The bubbles could just be from the coolant boiling and not combustion.

Comment

the coolent shouldn't boil if the pressure cap is good.
          Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
          94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

Thanks guys, i'll get started in the morning.
            An idea can turn to dust or magic, depending on the talent that rubs against it.

Comment

Remove the radiator cap and start the engine. Let it warm up enough that the thermostat opens up and water starts to circulate. If you see bubbles in the radiator then you're leaking compression (bad head gasket or cracked head).
              Brian

93L - 5SP, FMS springs, 323 alloys, 1st gen B6, ported head & intake, FMS cam, ported exhaust manifold w/2-1/4" head pipe.
              04 Mustang GT, 5SP, CAI, TFS plenum, 70mm TB, catted X, Pypes 304SS cat-back, Hurst Billet+ shifter, SCT/Bama tuned....4.10's & cams coming soon
              62 Galaxie 2D sedan project- 428, 3x2V, 4SP, 3.89TLOC

1 wife, 2 kids, 9 dogs, 4 cats......
              Not enough time or money for any of them

Comment

Are you talking about the blue car ?
                sigpic
                The Don - Midwest Festiva Inc., Missouri Chapter

Link to my festiva pictures below
                https://fordfestiva.com/forums/album.php?albumid=10
                Celebrating 25 years of festiva(s) ownership.

Comment

Yes it's a Blue car but not the one i drove down to your house for the visit. It is one of the spares.

Comment

Working...
                  X