Wrong Spark Plugs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wrong Spark Plugs

I needed to take my festy to the yearly technical check and since i didnt have time to fix it myself, i took it to a shop.
    New wheel bearings, resurface the discs, new bushing all around, new strut mounts, new filters, carb kit and new plugs.
    They took it to the revision and passed after 4 tries. When i pick it up, it ran like crap!!!!!
    so i check it everything, had to re-do the carb since it was dirty as hell!!!, took it apart and even found water inside. dont know if it was condensation or what.
    After one hour of working in the car, setting the timing and clean and put the carb back together, I started the car and again running like crap.
    Took the plugs out and ...... SURPRISE!!!! it had NGK= BPR5EY-11, changed them back to BPR6ES-11, and presto!!!! sweet running again!!!
    Hate when mechanics dont know what they are doing.
    So, the moral of the story is, stick to the BPR6ES for ever!!!!

Even worse is when they use the right plugs but don't put the washer on - then you don't know you have a plug nearly seized in the seat until you go to change them. That's what happened to me with the Festiva I bought 8yrs ago when I thought maybe I should see what the plugs looked like. Fortunately, it came out without snapping with an air wrench on medium setting, but I had visions of having to pull the head and extract the remainder of the plug.

Comment

I put just a tiny little of anti seize in the threats, I use this one from Loctite in spray: http://www.henkelna.com/cps/rde/xchg...UID=0000000I9O

Comment

Working...
      X