No heat fromt vents

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No heat fromt vents

When I put the heat on in my car it only blows out cold from the upper vents. I can put it on defrost or floor setting and the heat will roast you out of the car. Where should I start looking for problems as to why I get no heat out of the upper vents?

Thanks, Clay
    1991 Smoketiva - 306k
    1997 Jeep Cherokee - 4.6L Stroker
    2004 Sebring

That's the way Mazda designed the car. Heat will only ever come out of the floor or defrost vents. Study the mechanism under the dash that moves the distribution flap (terminology?) and you can prove it to yourself. That's what I did when I got my first Festiva.
    -Bryant

Comment

yeah, it's just the way it is for the festys, the aspires "fixed" that "isssue"
      Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
      94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

Anybody ever looked into "fixing" it on a festiva airbox? Next time I have one taken out, I'll look at it again, but there's gotta be some way to mod it.
        No festiva for me ATM...

Comment

you cant "fix" it. the air for the vents has no way of going through the heater core iirc
          I know its a piece of crap but im still faster...and its 100% legal!!!!!

Comment

Yeah, thats what I was thinking too from what I remember last time I had an airbox apart. But there's got to be some way to mod it, even having to add some piping and another air door with its own cable would be worth it to my wife to get heat out of the dash.
            No festiva for me ATM...

Comment

The proper mod is to buy an Aspire.....
              90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
              09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

Tried that... put the brakes on my festiva like you are supposed to... still not heat from dash vents
                No festiva for me ATM...

Comment

hahaha htchbck ^^ that's funny

I never knew that was the design. okay...greaaat...

searching for quirky festiva designs isn't pulling up any threads. any thoughts? has one been started cuz that kind of tops the charts. that's one heck of a cost cutting deal for sure, right?
                  Last edited by walth; 10-14-2011, 09:28 AM.
                  Walth

Festiva #1: 91 Red L 4/5
                  http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=27981

Comment

Heh, Thanks for the info guys. I never use the vent setting anyways but I had just replaced a heater hose under the hood and wanted to make sure I didnt mess something up. I dont like heat blowing in my face, my feet get cold first anyways.
                    1991 Smoketiva - 306k
                    1997 Jeep Cherokee - 4.6L Stroker
                    2004 Sebring

Comment

Originally posted by mikeand View Post
                      I dont like heat blowing in my face, my feet get cold first anyways.
                      Yep, me too, but wifey doesn't agree lol.
                      No festiva for me ATM...

Comment

Working...
                      X