daytime running lights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• daytime running lights

i have a 92 L with no daytime running lights .i need them to pass the safety and am wondering where the drl relay and the drl module are located? are they under the dash or the hood? i'm thinking i have a cut wire because the kid i bought it from put those blue headlight bulbs in there. i'm in Winnipeg and they are required to work.anyones help would be greatly appreciated thanks!
    Stock 92 5speed,14"wheels,drls ha,cat deleted,bigger pipe,stock muffler.
    Navy w/blue metalflake and 3 spoke chromies,185/60/14
    Debadged

I may be wrong, but I don't think Festys have DRLs. My '93 L doesn't. I checked the post on Standard & Optional Equiptment & they are not listed, even as a Canadian option.
    If it don't fit, use a bigger hammer!

'93 Green L - ' Tiva

Comment

Not an option... Canada Motor Vehicle Safety Standard 108 requires DRLs on all new vehicles made or imported after January 1, 1990. I know my Festiva has them, it's a '92. I'm assuming that all Canadian Festivas of the 1990 model year and newer would have them too.

DRL module is located in the middle of the firewall. Don't have a pic right now but I'm sure another Canadian member would be able to help.
      Ian
      Calgary AB, Canada
      93 L B6T: June 2016 FOTM
      59 Austin Healey "Bugeye" Sprite

"It's infinitely better to fail with courage than to sit idle with fear...." Chip Gaines (pg 167 of Capital Gaines, Smart Things I Learned Doing Stupid Stuff)

Link to the "Road Trip Starting Points" page of my Econobox Café blog

Comment

Originally posted by Craig1973 View Post
        i have a 92 L with no daytime running lights .i need them to pass the safety and am wondering where the drl relay and the drl module are located? are they under the dash or the hood? i'm thinking i have a cut wire because the kid i bought it from put those blue headlight bulbs in there. i'm in Winnipeg and they are required to work.anyones help would be greatly appreciated thanks!
        DRLs weren't an option on Festivas... You'll have to install the system. What a bunch of Bull squat! I don't think I've ever actually seen an aftermarket setup either... *Goes to look* Here's a set!
        In love with a MadScientist!:thumbright:
        There's a fine line between breathtaking ingenuity and "That's the stupidest thing I've ever seen!"

Comment

man, you guys from the States have to do your research! As Fastivaca said, the modual is located directly behind the intake manifold on the firewall (above the pinchweld). IIRC it contains the resistor and relay in one unit.

nav and Driver, that's a factory installed unit for those sold in Canada, NOT a dealer installed or aftermarket piece.
          Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
          94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

daytime running lights

well i found the module... but there is no power going to it . i wonder what he cut lol you should have seen the stereo ha,thanks for the input
            Debadged

Comment

You can just see the DRL module on the firewall right behind the adjusment point on the strut bar...

Ian
              Calgary AB, Canada

"It's infinitely better to fail with courage than to sit idle with fear...." Chip Gaines (pg 167 of Capital Gaines, Smart Things I Learned Doing Stupid Stuff)

Comment

yep there it is thanks looks like the problem is deeper
                Debadged

Comment

Check the switch at the hand brake. When the hand brake is released with the ignition turned on the DRLs should light up. When you apply the hand brake while the ignition is turned on the DRLs should turn off and the brake indicator light in the instrument cluster should come on.

Hopefully that makes sense.
                  Ian
                  Calgary AB, Canada

Comment

Originally posted by FestYboy View Post
                    man, you guys from the States have to do your research! As Fastivaca said, the modual is located directly behind the intake manifold on the firewall (above the pinchweld). IIRC it contains the resistor and relay in one unit.

nav and Driver, that's a factory installed unit for those sold in Canada, NOT a dealer installed or aftermarket piece.
                    Sorry I screwed up. And isn't Lancaster, PA. in the States?
                    If it don't fit, use a bigger hammer!

'93 Green L - ' Tiva

Comment

They also came in the kia's in Germany. I think i have the wiring diagram?
                      93 Ford Festiva WA (project car)
                      98 Ford Festiva WF (aspire)(parts car)
                      98 "Gloria" Toyota Corolla AE101 (daily driver)

Comment

Originally posted by navdoc101 View Post
                        Isn't Lancaster, PA. in the States?
                        Didn't they decide to become their own country last night?
                        Jerry
                        Team Lightning

Owner of Team Lightning
                        90 L "Peewee" B6D. Bought new May 16,1990
                        92 L Thunder BP G5M-R Turbo B6T electronics. Jan 2016 FOTM winner SOLD
                        93 L Lightning. BP

Not a user of drugs or alcohol, Just addicted to Festiva's

Comment

^ yeah we amish and pensultukians have succeeded from the union...
                          Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
                          94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

One less in debt state to have to deal with!
                            You all need to march on Harrisonburg and hang your "elected representatives" from the nearest sturdy structure!
                            '93 Blue 5spd 230K(down for clutch and overall maintanence)
                            '93 White B6 swap thanks to Skeeters Keeper
                            '92 Aqua parts Car
                            '93 Turquoise 5spd 137K
                            '90 White LX Thanks to FB71

"Your God of repentance will not save you.
                            Your holy ghost will not save you.
                            Your God plutonium will not save you.
                            In fact...
                            ...You will not be saved!"

Prince of Darkness -1987

Comment

So the American version of the Festiva doesn't have a DRL module?
                              In love with a MadScientist!:thumbright:
                              There's a fine line between breathtaking ingenuity and "That's the stupidest thing I've ever seen!"

Comment

Working...
                              X