headlight assembly overhaul

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• headlight assembly overhaul

Has anyone used the oven to warm their headlight assemblies? i need to take mine apart for cleaning purposes.
    Stock 92 5speed,14"wheels,drls ha,cat deleted,bigger pipe,stock muffler.
    Navy w/blue metalflake and 3 spoke chromies,185/60/14
    Debadged

I've used the oven (150-200 degrees F) to speed up the curing process for paint and/or adhesives but never for dis assembly purposes. I'm not so sure ordinary headlight glass would tolerate oven temperatures of the sort of which I fear you're thinking. I have resealed blown-seal headlight assemblies (silicone) but never separated the glass and rest of the parts from one. Good luck.

Comment

yea i'm at 175 f right now for about 20 minutes i got my eye protection and leather jacket with oven mitts lol.its the newest look
      Debadged

Comment

well i had it coming apart but it cracked.lol was almost there though,it can be done.ah well a good excuse to go to the wreckers and have a snoop around
        Debadged

Comment

some more localized heat should do the trick next time
          Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
          94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

^Yeah, like the neighbor's house.
            In love with a MadScientist!:thumbright:
            There's a fine line between breathtaking ingenuity and "That's the stupidest thing I've ever seen!"

Comment

i used a torch, i had no intention of putting them back on, worked good.

Comment

Working...
              X