How do you check to see if injectors are fireing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do you check to see if injectors are fireing

I have a no start situtation on my 89 auto fi. Have checked timing fuel spark. Now I need to check the ecu. Is there any way to see if the injectors are fireing? Is there anything else ecu related I can check?

Thanks in advance
    David Hodges

get a noid light set. OR verify you have 12v at the green/yellow wires at the injectors. injectors are ground side switch controlled via ECU (doubtful that the ecu is the issue). verify that you have spark. verify that the rotor is in the correct position.
    Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
    94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

Thanks

What is a noid light set?

Thanks again

David

Comment

Comment

.... google .... works for me.

it's a visual indicator for injector pulse. basicaly a lightbulb with a proper resistance built in. that keeps from burnnig the drivers out.
          Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
          94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

got mine at harbro freight for $13 bucks. came with lights for most makes and models.

Comment

You can make an injector tester using a 555 timer and a relay.

Pretty easy to make.

[Dino] is an auto mechanic and needed a way to test out fuel injectors. Commercially available tools start well over $100 and go up from there, but he built his own for about $20. The injectors hav…
              93 Ford Festiva WA (project car)
              98 Ford Festiva WF (aspire)(parts car)
              98 "Gloria" Toyota Corolla AE101 (daily driver)

Comment

Put a screwdriver up to the injector and put your ear up to the other end and listen for a click

Sent from my SGH-I9000 using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                X