I have 91 festiva need to find out where to get bushings for loose shifter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have 91 festiva need to find out where to get bushings for loose shifter

i cant seem to find anywhere that sells them and dnt really know how to change them. any info would be greatly appreciated..

Kia dealership has them. Dont hjave the PN off hand. But the car you tell them you need them for is a 2001 Kia Rio.Just pull the shifter rod out from the the bottom of car. The whole job is @ 1hr. Depending on how many times you go to the frig.
    Some people like to read fiction,I prefer to read repair manuals. Weird I know-
    Henry Ford: "Failure is the opportunity to begin again more intelligently"
    Fuseable Link Distribution Block repair link

Comment

Mine came from the land of Oz........Australia.

Comment

You can get them at NAPA & Mazda dealership. There is a couple of good post, search. NAPA part#ATM0771303; x6 bushings only. Mazda part #s-B001-46-062 x6 bushings; B001146133 x2 bolts if your are no good; B09246047 pipe or tube x2; & GJ2146041- x1 bushing for shifter stableizer bar. SEARCH!! Skimsuker did a great writeup!
        Last edited by navdoc101; 10-29-2011, 04:35 PM.
        If it don't fit, use a bigger hammer!

'93 Green L - ' Tiva

Comment

Here is Skim's writeup

Post your Festiva or Aspire repair and maintenance issues. - USE THIS FORUM FOR ANY TECHNICAL RELATED POST (IE. How do I change my oil?, How to remove axle from tranny?, etc)

Comment

You could also take a look at Advancedynamix's write up on the "advanced shifter linkage." This replaces the bushings with nylon/ steel washers and shoulder bolts, which are cheaper and give a more precise shift feeling.
            1990 White L-Plus 5-speed rust-machine
            Scrapped

1991 Blue L 5-speed
            daily driver, intermittent project

1993 rustless wonder
            A shell, awaiting suspension, brakes, and B6T

Comment

Thx for everyones info...I will finally get this sloppy shifter fixed.

Comment

Working...
              X