bp motor to festy tranny.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bp motor to festy tranny.

started my swap the other day. my bp wont mate to my festy trans. when you turn the crack the tires move so tht means my splines are inline but they wont come together. the pins on the block wont set. any idea what im doing wrong? ive tried wiggling an jiggling lol but still nothing! :cry_smile: bout ready to just take out the trans and try to mount them outa the car!
    Last edited by gmiller123; 11-04-2011, 05:15 PM.
    93 festy bp swap f series trans.

Just keep at it, its a tight fit, we had the same issue with a BP and F trans. Just jiggle and turn.

Comment

Ya mine was a pain, I also tried starting all four bolts and slowly tightening rotating bolt to bolt, this can be risky though. Mine was also out of the car.
      :cry_smile: RIP. 91 Ford festiva BP swap

1990 Mazda Miata BP swap, 99 trans, 3.9 Torsen rear end, Mazdaspeed6 k04 turbo on 15 psi.

Comment

Did you align the clutch disc with the pilot bearing? It sounds like you are getting it together to the point where the transmission shaft is ready to go into the pilot bearing, but the clutch disc is not perfectly centered to the pilot bearing.
        You gonna race that thing?
        http://www.sdfcomputers.com/Festivaracing.htm

Comment

are you using a festiva clutch and flywheel or the one for the bp. they are way different in spline count.

Comment

Working...
          X