No announcement yet.

Please Help: VAF!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I definitely won't be disconnecting those bolts again. I'm picking up a soldering gun within the hour, then seeing if my new toy will run again. I'm glad a few others have made this same mistake, soldered up the loose ends and driven again with no problems. I'll post when I'm done with it!

Comment

Update: I soldered the broken piece, but I think my soldering connection was too long or faulty in some other way because my car wouldn't stay running after starting for more than a second. I'm trying a much shorter connection now for the second soldering effort. Any tips are welcome.

Comment

Well, I'm sad to say that despite my best efforts, it's time to take the bus again to work tonight. I don't think I'll be giving up on this little project, but I'll definitely seek out a spare VAF to remedy this for now. Thanks to everyone, especially jamesmc for the pictures. I will be a little smarter when I change my air filter the next time, but it'll at least be a long while since I went with a K&N!

Comment

Working...
        X