1990 Festiva engine Rebuild, Need Shop Manual

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1990 Festiva engine Rebuild, Need Shop Manual

ive searched through torrents... on google.. and the link to the chiltons manual doesnt work... i need the torque specs at least, but the manual can answer all questions i could have while working on My Dads stock 1990 Ford Festiva
    My Cars: 1986 Honda Civic Fresh D15A2 0 miles, 1986 Honda Civic Si (prepping for paint & new motor/transmission)

Ebay

Comment

you guys done have one online?????????
      My Cars: 1986 Honda Civic Fresh D15A2 0 miles, 1986 Honda Civic Si (prepping for paint & new motor/transmission)

Comment

Originally posted by bigboi407 View Post
        you guys done have one online?????????
        No we dont ????????????????????????? This is the one you want-

Some people like to read fiction,I prefer to read repair manuals. Weird I know-
        Henry Ford: "Failure is the opportunity to begin again more intelligently"
        Fuseable Link Distribution Block repair link

Comment

Originally posted by nitrofarm View Post
          No we dont ????????????????????????? This is the one you want-

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1990-Ford-Fe...item5d30d59859
          No diss... this is my dads car im working on.... but, with my honda... i can find ANYTHING online, Factory Service Manual, Hanes/Chiltons manuals, and more...

Comment

No diss... this is my dads car im working on.... but, with my honda... i can find ANYTHING online, Factory Service Manual, Hanes/Chiltons manuals, and more...
            LOL ! Honda is a 4 letter word in these parts :nono:
            Some people like to read fiction,I prefer to read repair manuals. Weird I know-
            Henry Ford: "Failure is the opportunity to begin again more intelligently"
            Fuseable Link Distribution Block repair link

Comment

Originally posted by nitrofarm View Post
              LOL ! Honda is a 4 letter word in these parts :nono:
              Yall can stick with ur festivas and aspires... ill stick with my honda, and Buy another 1st Gen CRX Si... Very simple to work on, ton of interchangable parts, Great Gas milage... and its roomy...

my dads Festivas are A/T..... Anything with an A/T... SUCKS... maybe if i seen/drove a M/T version with modified seats id change my mind.....

But i still have to fix these cars for him and i have to do some work to one... and the other one when it gets up to its running temp the flex plate makes a noise....

Comment

Yall can stick with ur festivas and aspires... ill stick with my honda, and Buy another 1st Gen CRX Si... Very simple to work on, ton of interchangable parts, Great Gas milage... and its roomy...

my dads Festivas are A/T..... Anything with an A/T... SUCKS... maybe if i seen/drove a M/T version with modified seats id change my mind.....

But i still have to fix these cars for him and i have to do some work to one... and the other one when it gets up to its running temp the flex plate makes a noise....
                Tons of interchangeable/ aftermarket parts, and yet you guys still boast that "built not bought" bullcrap? Any boosted 1.6 or 1.8 festiva can smoke anything short of an 11 second civic. I do agree auto transaxles suck, but they suck harder in an old honda than in a festiva. They're also more prone to breaking and having starters going out, and I have articles and experience to prove it.

Drive your CRX in a lemons race.
                1990 White L-Plus 5-speed rust-machine
                Scrapped

1991 Blue L 5-speed
                daily driver, intermittent project

1993 rustless wonder
                A shell, awaiting suspension, brakes, and B6T

Comment

You should try my auto Festiva! It's kinda fun!
                  Aspires and Sways all around, Miata B6 installed, KYB G2Rs just installed in front. Wish for coil overs someday.

Comment

Originally posted by Basement_Modder View Post
                    Tons of interchangeable/ aftermarket parts, and yet you guys still boast that "built not bought" bullcrap? Any boosted 1.6 or 1.8 festiva can smoke anything short of an 11 second civic. I do agree auto transaxles suck, but they suck harder in an old honda than in a festiva. They're also more prone to breaking and having starters going out, and I have articles and experience to prove it.

Drive your CRX in a lemons race.
                    i HAD a CRX, i bought an 86 civic that i just finished and im gonna buy ANOTHER 1st Gen CRX sometime soon

My civic has:

D15A2 Carbd 0 miles, 100% new oem bottom end, and rebuilt head
                    KA5MT Manual Trans, brand new clutch kit
                    Weber K726 32/36 Progressive carb
                    prepping it for paint... i plan on running Dual bike carbs or dual mikunis or webers, havent decided yet

idk where this "built not bought" mentality came from, cause i aint with that crowd.. i simply do not like festivas, the A/T totally kills the car..... if you guys wanna trick em out and do the things to them like which im gonna do with my civic thats Awsome!!.. im just fixing the cars for my dad, so we can sell one and idk what he wants to do with the other one

Comment

I do have a manual I just got out of the last car I bought. I would have to go see what it is? I know the edges are curled up on it (used).
                      Aspires and Sways all around, Miata B6 installed, KYB G2Rs just installed in front. Wish for coil overs someday.

Comment

Haynes Ford Festiva & Aspire 1988 thru 1997 all models #36030

Comment

Search for the thread entitled "online manual". Be sure to include the quotation marks. It's a lot cheaper than eBay and far quicker to reference.
                          Last edited by bravekozak; 11-07-2011, 10:02 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by bigboi407
                            the A/T totally kills the car.....
                            I get that the auto trans kills the car, but 99.9% of festivas weren't auto. There's nothing good about the auto festys IMO. They get crappy mileage and only have 3 speeds. Go drop $500 or less on a nice '90-93 EFI 5-speed festiva and you'll get it...
                            1990 White L-Plus 5-speed rust-machine
                            Scrapped

1991 Blue L 5-speed
                            daily driver, intermittent project

1993 rustless wonder
                            A shell, awaiting suspension, brakes, and B6T

Comment

^^^What he said!! Bought mine for $350, and a $7 wheel bearing later, I drove her home and had hardly any issues since!!! WIN!
                              Buck.
                              -1993 Ford Festiva GL, ~200k, B6, Aspire rear, Rio front, 5-speed. '87 Prelude alloys. Happy to be back on the route!!!
                              -1999 Toyota Sienna XLE, 346,000
                              -1996 Chevrolet K1500 Z71, 350 V8, 198k, hauler

Comment

Working...
                              X