Distributor Part

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Distributor Part

Ok, Ive been searching for this part in Rock Auto and cannot find name. It came out of my distributor and I want rebuild my distributor so when I get my other one I have a rebuilt spare. Can you name this part?
    Thom-Lifes too short, don't blink
    93 Festiva (Little Red Truck)
    01 F-150 (Big Red Truck)

No one knows what the electrical part inside the distributor is called or if one can even buy one to rebuild a distributor?
    01 F-150 (Big Red Truck)

Comment

i think its called the pick up assembly
      Rod

"Confidence is the most important thing you can teach someone... if you can teach them confidence, you don't have to teach them anything else."

1992 truckiva
      1989 festiva lx (mine again)
      1980 triumph tr7 convertible (project)
      1976 tr7 hardtop (parts car)
      1989 dodge caravan turbo
      1975 amc gremlin 4x4 (play toy)

Comment

just looked on rockauto. the closest i could find was the ignitor or ignition control module
        Rod

"Confidence is the most important thing you can teach someone... if you can teach them confidence, you don't have to teach them anything else."

1992 truckiva
        1989 festiva lx (mine again)
        1980 triumph tr7 convertible (project)
        1976 tr7 hardtop (parts car)
        1989 dodge caravan turbo
        1975 amc gremlin 4x4 (play toy)

Comment

Yea, thats about what I came up with also. Guess maybe I'll call ford in morning and see if they may have one unless someone else knows where to get one. TY Roadkyll
          01 F-150 (Big Red Truck)

Comment

camshaft position sensor? that's essentially what it's doing.
            -Zack
            Blue '93 GL Auto: White 13" 5 Point Wheels, Full LED Conversion, and an 8" Sub

Comment

If its the camshaft position sensor it's not the ignitor or ignition control module, also called transistorized points. The tern "Hall effect" is sometimes used to decribe how the camsahft is sensed by magnetic flux. There is a better name but I too can't remember what it is.
              Original owner of silver grey carburetted 1989 Festiva. 105k km as of June 2006. 140k km as of June 2021.

Comment

Ok, I called ford motor and this is the name they gave me, Distributor Stator Positioner. Does this sound right WmWatt?? I also got the these other names, Pickup assembley, pickup coil, crankshaft position Sensor(got this last one from O'Reilly auto parts. So im check the internet for distributor stator positioner now.
                01 F-150 (Big Red Truck)

Comment

Working...
                X