Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem with heat

Issue with the heat in my 93 Festiva.
    The heat works fine when the lever is in the floor, defrost or floor/defrost position but when I put it to blow out the dash vents, it just blows cold.
    I pulled the 4 screws that hold the whole assembly in the dash but it only comes out a couple inches, not enough to see or work on anything.
    Any idea's what to look for?

Heat only works on floor,blend,and defrost in these cars
    1991 Festiva B8 swap, gutted, otherwise stock-9.88@70

1974 MaverickLSX powered - 7.08@94

Comment

Search IS your friend ,son!!! This has been addressed MANY times. Thats the way it was designed. Heat was NEVER intended to come out of the dash vents.
      If it don't fit, use a bigger hammer!

'93 Green L - ' Tiva

Comment

Originally posted by All systemz View Post
        Any idea's what to look for?
        Look for a new car if you can't live without heat from the dash vents :lol: Seriously though, the heater airbox setup of the festiva is such that you can't get heat out of the dash vents. The Aspires can, but I don't think the airbox from an Aspire can fit in a festiva.
        No festiva for me ATM...

Comment

Wow I've been using search for every issue and have good luck but this one for some reason nothing would come up.
          Thanks
          I can live with the heat the way it is but I kind of have OCD when it comes to mechanical stuff. If it's suppose to work, I can't quit until it does.
          Know what I mean?
          Last edited by All systemz; 11-09-2011, 08:38 AM.

Comment

Someday there will be a write-up on how to "make your dash vents blow hot'' How hard can it be , especially compared to the intense engine swaps and fabrication found on this site . :cry_smile:

Comment

I don't know anyone or have heard of anyone that has fixed this issue. Couldn't tell you how hard it would be, someone who has pulled the dash may have a better understanding of the difficulties.

We ought to have a short document when signing up for the site that tells the new member a few of the answers to the most common questions. ie no heat. Or tell them to use the search function :p
              -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
              Nancy- 1.8L BP, aspire swap, g-trans
              The Adventures of Nancy! Build Thread
              -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My Musica! Click me!

Comment

I think some kind of FAQ about the general issues NOT covered in the modding sections would be a great idea. Sort of a info sheet for people who aren't constantly building/tearing down/rebuilding their cars. The majority of our members are not mechanics or engine builders (those of us that are just post a lot more often than the rest) so it might be helpful to have a place to look for common minor problems and/or querks that people who are new to festivas might not know about yet.

I know on my first Festiva all those years ago I had the same curiosity this guy had about why there was no heat coming out of the vents, so I pulled the dash and took apart the airbox only to find that it wasn't designed to give heat out of the dash. I wish there'd been an FAQ back then lol might have saved me some trouble
                No festiva for me ATM...

Comment

Originally posted by htchbck View Post
                  I think some kind of FAQ about the general issues NOT covered in the modding sections would be a great idea. Sort of a info sheet for people who aren't constantly building/tearing down/rebuilding their cars. The majority of our members are not mechanics or engine builders (those of us that are just post a lot more often than the rest) so it might be helpful to have a place to look for common minor problems and/or querks that people who are new to festivas might not know about yet.

I know on my first Festiva all those years ago I had the same curiosity this guy had about why there was no heat coming out of the vents, so I pulled the dash and took apart the airbox only to find that it wasn't designed to give heat out of the dash. I wish there'd been an FAQ back then lol might have saved me some trouble
                  Same here. My first questions were- NO heat!? I need new tires, can I go to 13's?
                  Nancy- 1.8L BP, aspire swap, g-trans
                  The Adventures of Nancy! Build Thread

My Musica! Click me!

Comment

Working...
                  X