OEM radio and dash bezel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OEM radio and dash bezel

Hello everyone. Im new to the forum and Festiva ownership.

I recently picked up an 89 carby 4 speed. The old girl runs like a top despite having 212k miles on it. The previous owner butchered the radio and wiring harness by putting in an aftermarket stereo and also cut the dash bezel in half to make the new radio fit. My question is..what years will an OEM radio and dash bezel fit in my car. I would like to replace what I have (doesnt work) with an original radio, wiring and bezel.

Thanks in advance.

89-93 for the bezel and radio. as far as the wiring, it will be difficult to put oem connectors on, it would probably be easiest to go out and purchase a regular size (din) radio and follow the wiring diagrame (found on this site) and hard wire it in. Yes it sucks that the previoius owner did it the wrong way, but it is what it is.
    :cry_smile: RIP. 91 Ford festiva BP swap

1990 Mazda Miata BP swap, 99 trans, 3.9 Torsen rear end, Mazdaspeed6 k04 turbo on 15 psi.

Comment

All years will fit. If you want it to appear stock you will need an 88 or 89 radio for the orange lettering 90 and up have white letters
      Brian
      http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2274977

93 GL modyfied!!!
      :fish:

Comment

My radio wires also had bad splices in them. I went to the junk yard and removed the dash wiring. I did this because I installed an NOS orange lettered radio. I can siamese wires inside the stock connectors because I have the proper extractor tools and replacement terminals from Eastern Beaver.

When you get a replacement console bezel at the junk yard, be sure to pull it out from the bottom after removing the two screws.

Comment

Working...
        X