Aspire hub Runout

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aspire hub Runout

Be a wise mechanic,unlike me and check your new/used Aspire hubs before installation :banghead::banghead::banghead:angry9:
    I spent way to much time and energy chasing my tail assuming that the vibration was coming from tires,rotors,axles or diff bearings.Just to clarify it wasn't the rotor.Once I discovered this I pulled the rotor and verified that the hub flange was out by @ .010. Now if I can get the skin on my forehead to heal properly drool
    Some people like to read fiction,I prefer to read repair manuals. Weird I know-
    Henry Ford: "Failure is the opportunity to begin again more intelligently"
    Fuseable Link Distribution Block repair link

Just find a shop with an on-the-car brake lathe and turn the rotors.. you'll be good to go!

Comment

Originally posted by MasterTec View Post
      Just find a shop with an on-the-car brake lathe and turn the rotors.. you'll be good to go!
      The Rotor's are fine. Its the HUB that was bent.

Comment

Nitro: did you have a question or was it a rant?
        Original owner of silver grey carburetted 1989 Festiva. 105k km as of June 2006. 140k km as of June 2021.

Comment

Originally posted by WmWatt View Post
          Nitro: did you have a question or was it a rant?
          It was a most def-"I'm an idiot" Rant :eeeeeek: Sometimes my Stupidity surpass my vast lack of Knowledge.
          What really slayed me was these werent the orig hubs/Knuckle's off this car.I ASSUMED that because everything else was Junk on the front end. Might as well put some different hubs & Spindles. Got these off Craigslist. The Aspire had two broken front springs,sticking calipers,bad rotors,junk brake lines,junk struts,junk lca/ball joints,junk axles bearings tranny. So what are the odds that the hubs are going to be any better? I should have checked em. So after COMPLETELY replacing the whole front end minus the front sway bar. I had a vibration. So I exclaimed,"Surely its those Chinese rotors" ! Should have checked em on the bench doing setup.

Comment

Working...
          X