Leaking around pan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Leaking around pan

Hi to all! I'm new here so be gentle with me and I hope I've posted this at the right place. Here's the story. I have a 1989 Festiva, 4 speed, A/C with 148000. I've had it about 2 months. It had many oil leaks when I got it and I've fixed most. Valve cover gasket, oil sender, oil pan gasket twice with a new pan. It was still leaking. then I torn into the timing cover and it was full of slung oil. I then replaced the cam and crank seal (I'm sure they are the right ones) put it back together and still leaking out of the front crank area. I thought maybe the belts were too tight and I adjusted them but no difference. The crank sealing area looked smooth and I didn't drive the seals in too far. What about the oil pump seal and can it cause such a leak and where is it located so that it would leak on the outside? Maybe somebody has some ideas that might help! Maybe a crank resurface liner? I hate to tear into it again and have the same problems. I runs like new and doesn't smoke or use oil, other than the leaks. When I got it it leaked a drop about every nine seconds, now about every second. I love you forum and just need a little advice!! Thanks Terry
Working...
X