Front Transmission Mount

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Front Transmission Mount

So I just got done playing "Leonard Nimoy; In Search Of" (both on this site and all over the web) for an absolute answer about the front, round transmission mount for an automatic. Possibly my search skills need work.

My quest is/was to find out what mounts will work.

I have found listings for the manual trans mounts on the major players' sites, AZ, O'Reillys, Advance, Napa, but haven't found anything for an auto.

BTW, it's the wonderful "tween" year 1989 that I'm attepting to fix.

If a manual mount will work with minimal modifications that's fine. Just need to know what'll work.

Also, part numbers and makes would be very useful. Thanks.
    Last edited by lessersivad; 12-03-2011, 05:41 PM.

Fixxed

Never mind. I "rebuilt" the original mount using 2 hockey pucks.

No pics.......

Comment

The manual and auto mounts are different and not interchangable. Several differences. I couldnt find a new auto mount either. Glad you got it fixed at least.

sigpic
      The Don - Midwest Festiva Inc., Missouri Chapter

Link to my festiva pictures below
      https://fordfestiva.com/forums/album.php?albumid=10
      Celebrating 25 years of festiva(s) ownership.

Comment

Marcus he was talking about the front round mount, Im pretty sure theyre all about the same though. Its the bracket on the trans itself thats different.

I'da just welded it up nice and solid
        91GL BP/F3A with boost
        13.79 @ 100, 2.2 60' on 8 psi and 155R12's

Comment

Yea, it was the front mount.

The rubber pretty much all fell out after I removed the mount from the cross member. So started looking for new, then searched the forum.

Got to looking at the mount and there was a thin outer sleeve that the rubber was attached to pressed into the main body of the mount.

After carefully slicing thru that the i.d. of the main body was real close to 3".

After "googling" the size of a hockey puck (3" dia.x1" thick) I made a call to Dunham's to confirm they had pucks. I bought 4 in case I had to experiment, but 2 were the right combo for width.

Hammered the pucks into place and drilled a 5/8 hole for the bolt sleeve to fit. installed the mount. Done.

Comment

Working...
          X