1991 festiva suspension and heat questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1991 festiva suspension and heat questions

Hello, I have a 91 ford festiva 144,000 miles 5 speed I have almost fixed it all up.
    My rear springs are shot and I cannot find any place to get them. Whenever there is more than just me any bump makes it rub. I have seen aspire swap options but I am looking for a easy bolt on no mods quick strut if possible?

My other issue is my heater only blows heat from defroster and feet, ice cold from all front vents. Im in olmstead falls Ohio its 32 degree mornings and I've duck taped the vents closed. Im not sure how it works im thinking its a flapper of sortsbut disconnected/broken but don't know how to get to it or what to look for.

Thanks, Jesse
    If there is anyone local that's knows alot and wants to help id be willing to drive over and pay for any help.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

well the heater well in every festy that is how they work only heat from defroster and the feet. hell for the shocks well just run civic coilovers

Comment

as for the suspension.....the aspire setup is bolt in and is fairly cheap if you shop around a bit and it is a very noticeably better difference

Comment

how much of a ride height difference is there between aspires setup vs festivas setup? and civic setup are similar in size and probably alot cheaper...??

thanks, Jesse

Comment

Front springs and back springs are not exactly the same height nor diameter but if you can find a wrecked Aspire get in there and grab the rear springs. Shortening springs is easier than lengthening them.
          Surely someone here has experimented with various types of OEM springs because Festy springs have been hard to come by for years and the aftermarket sport and race versions are much stiffer and significantly lower the car.

Comment

Working...
          X