Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4k carb on high idle

good day! everyone!
    i have a kia pride hatchback..ive changed my stock carb to a 4k aisin carb..just want to know the exact vacuum line connections..the 4k carb has 2 vacuum lines..want to know where it will go?4k carb ports:the line that sips air, ive connected to the upper port of the distributor advancer..the lower port of the distrbtor goes tru the manifold..the other one, just leave it open cause i dont now where it will go..for now engine has smooth high idle,but not too high..dont have tachomter yet..the kia pride intake manifold has 5 ports(brake booster,for the aircon port,for the distributor advancer,dont know where it will go the one that beside the brake booster and for the PCV)..is there any adjustment for the carb a/f mixture?how many turns for the a/f screw when setting it? anyone in here that specialized in carburetor?just want to low the idle..maybe you could help me..thanks a lot!
    "i am the difference":cheers:

I've been looking for a carb manual for a while now. Finally bought an "emissions" manual off ebay for an '88. It at least has a picture of a carb on the cover. Should be here by tomorrow.

Comment

you have the dist lines backwards: top to the manifold and bottom to the carb. the mix screw: screw it all the way in and backwards 2 1/2 turns.
      i have 3k on mine and you might need to re jet it to pass emission test if you have one on Philippines.

Comment

Working...
      X