Need a Timing belt cover

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need a Timing belt cover

Anyone have one laying around? Mine is chewed to bits by the water pump pulley. Stock B motor in a '92 Festiva. The upper half is shot, and the lower half is pretty used up, so I'd love to find both halves.
    -toast

Post In for sale/want to buy section
    :cry_smile: RIP. 91 Ford festiva BP swap

1990 Mazda Miata BP swap, 99 trans, 3.9 Torsen rear end, Mazdaspeed6 k04 turbo on 15 psi.

Comment

You can get a new one (if you got the $$) from a Mazda dealer. Tell them you want the covers for a '92 Mazda MX-3 with a 1.6L 4 cylinder engine.
      You gonna race that thing?
      http://www.sdfcomputers.com/Festivaracing.htm

Comment

Actually couldnt find the for sale on the first run through the forum. Was surprised not to see it. Thanks.
        Will look at Mazda pricing. If it's not too much, it's prob-ly worth it. The time it saves me compared to going to the bone yard and digging one out is worth the $$$. I can just leave it off, but since the car is primarily a street car, keeping the elements off the belt is worth a little investigation.
        -toast

Comment

Don't use'em. But need to keep mine for resale with car.

Comment

I just replaced the valve cover gasket to stop the oil leak problem, and the lower cover is still good, which should keep splashes from the wheels off the belt. Easiest way to fix things. Finally got the water pump replaced today. I had to take the AC and bracket off to get the inlet pipe off. What a pain. The alternator is on too, and now all that's left is the master cylinder and a good cleaning, oil/filter, and a cooling system flush. I tell ya, this car was in such awesome shape when I had it last. In less than 10k mi my pops managed to almost kill the little guy. It'll be back on the road in a week though.
            -toast

Comment

Working...
            X