installed new cv drive shaft on passenger side

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• installed new cv drive shaft on passenger side

I just installed new cv drive shaft on passenger side of 92 festy but it doesnt seem to stay locked in tranny.Is there a certain way to line up new cv drive shaft so it will lock into tranny and stay locked?It freewheels no matter if car is in park,drive,reverse,etc.It seemed to lock in place when I first installed it.Any ideas greatly apprec.Thanks

Did you replace the snap ring?" Circlip"
    sigpic
    The Don - Midwest Festiva Inc., Missouri Chapter

Link to my festiva pictures below
    https://fordfestiva.com/forums/album.php?albumid=10
    Celebrating 25 years of festiva(s) ownership.

Comment

Originally posted by freshtiva
      Did you replace the snap ring?" Circlip"
      The new snap ring is on end of the new cv drive shaft.

Comment

Sometimes there a little tough to get seated in properly. Especially with a new clip on a new axle. You have to push it in pretty hard to seat it and get the clip to snap into place. Ive always had luck either pulling the axle out a bit then just ramming it it quick and hard or if need be a rubber mallet on the edges of the large lump around the inner CV.
        Paul
        91GL
        Menomonee Falls, WI

Comment

Just replaced both in my Dad's car. Look at how for the driver's side axle is in and then compare it to the passenger side. The gap between the tranny and the hub/end of axle thing should be the same. If not line the axle up in the tranny, and TAP the outside end of the axle, while holding the joint so it doesn't move. This should allow the axle to seat all the way. It works for me every time.
          The Festiva Store
          Specializing in restoration, tuning and custom parts.

Comment

Working...
          X