need check engine help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• need check engine help

hey my 97 aspire check engine light just came back on after i had both 02 sensors replaced in the last 3 days. i could not pass emmisions cause the downstream one was busted so i replaced it this morning the check engine light came back on an i replaced the front one got the light off drove around and it came on again... whats the problem an how do i fix it asap....

p.s. my reg is up in 6 days....
    Frankie

fully custom 88 festy (project doomsday) Febuary in 2012 calander
    Blockspire: ken block replica aspire
    AdvancedDynamix: "If you put the same kind of effort into your engine that you put into the rest of the car, well... it'll be epic". thanks man

http://www.facebook.com/#!/profile.p...00000110128487

If it is an obd-2 car it will be easy to check what is wrong with it. If you have an advance auto parts or simalar around you have them run the codes and it will tell you whats wrong. Then go from there.
    93 Festiva L White B6T
    99 Dodge Ram STL Green Cummins. AKA the Jolly Green Giant
    89 Festiva Blue
    91 Green “Mad Maxine” Festiva B6T
    93 Festiva GL Black BP automatic
    93 Festiva GL Green stock

Comment

need your codes guy, or i can't help you.
      Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
      94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

Did you disconnect the battery overnight to clear the old codes?
        1963 Fairlane - future NSS drag car
        1965 Mustang Coupe - A-code car, restoring for/with my son
        1973 F100 longbed - only 22k original miles, 360/auto, disk, PS/PB dealer in dash A/C
        1996 Sonoma X-cab - son's DD
        2002 Grand Prix - daughter's DD
        2003 Sport Trac - 180k, 130k on replaced motor with new timing chains - F/S soon.
        2005 Accord - wife's DD
        2008 Mountaineer - step daughter's DD
        2015 F150 SCrew - DD

Comment

Originally posted by HondaSlayer View Post
          If it is an obd-2 car it will be easy to check what is wrong with it. If you have an advance auto parts or simalar around you have them run the codes and it will tell you whats wrong. Then go from there.
          Most of the time a parts store will pull the codes for free. If there is more than one have them clear all codes, then drive it till the light comes back on, go straight there and get that code. If again there is more than one write them down in the order they are listed, most important codes are listed first.
          Reflex paint by Langeman...Lifted...Tow Rig

Comment

Working...
          X