89 Festiva VAF Meter bad - computer reading by dealer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 89 Festiva VAF Meter bad - computer reading by dealer

I have 89 Festiva. Every few miles check engine light comes on and then few seconds later goes off. Also, sometimes I can floor the gas pedal and car would barely move. Then all of a sudden it picks up all the power.

Took it to service at Ford dealership and they said that reading is showing bad Vein Air Flow meter. Not Mass-Air Flow. Does that sound like a possible problem?

I can't find anywhere anything about this part. I have repair manual and dealer found aftermarket part for $1000??? I got this festiva for less than that.

Any idea of which part it is? Where it is located, etc...? Even better, does anyone have one of those if that really would be my problem?

Thanks for any comments.

Predrag

the part when you floor the gas peddle then nothing happens then it picks up the power that sounds like a bad throttle position sensor but i could be wrong

Comment

To keep it simple. The VAF is the part right on top of your air cleaner box.
      Paul
      91GL
      Menomonee Falls, WI

Comment

VAF meter all right..

Air induction system:

Comment

great, thank you all.

EDIT: I found one!

Comment

vaf meter

mine does the same thing only when i start it up and drive it a few blocks then it clears itself out but no check engine light...mine sounds like it is loading up and jerks a little.

Comment

Working...
            X